Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh Sunday absolutely no competition. I don't mind the Wednesday, I'd just rather be watching bands on the main stages and have proper late night entertainment. Also, Sunday is probably my favourite of the 3 main days, you've got to go for it big time since it's the last night 

30 minutes ago, Homer said:

Maybe arrive a day later then?

That's missing the point, a bit. The festival isn't fresh on the Thursday. Sure it's fresh to you, but nearly everyone has arrived, set up, made new friends, gotten pissed and explored the site by the time you eventually get to the Farm. There's something particularly special about being part of Glastonbury being formed that you're not going to get on any other day. Whether somebody prefers that experience to the Sunday, when the site is overloaded with extra locals, the ground is worn down, the toilets stink to high heaven and people are generally much wearier, is a perfectly fair call for each person to make. There's a good argument for the Wednesday.

I find it amazing how many people are willing to sacrifice Sunday for Wedneday on the basis that "Sunday is depressing".

Whatever day you choose to leave will be depressing. The OP isn't going to somehow avoid the feeling of depression that the festival is ending, by leaving on Saturday instead.

I'd hate to be leaving on Saturday - now THAT really would be depressing.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That's missing the point, a bit. The festival isn't fresh on the Thursday. Sure it's fresh to you, but nearly everyone has arrived, set up, made new friends, gotten pissed and explored the site by the time you eventually get to the Farm. There's something particularly special about being part of Glastonbury being formed that you're not going to get on any other day. Whether somebody prefers that experience to the Sunday, when the site is overloaded with extra locals, the ground is worn down, the toilets stink to high heaven and people are generally much wearier, is a perfectly fair call for each person to make. There's a good argument for the Wednesday.

i'm not sure why anyone would particularly care if other people have explored the site or got pissed a day before them TBH.

give me all the bands on Sunday over a feeling of the festival being "fresh" every time. place is still plenty "fresh" on Thursday :rolleyes:

Edited by ghostdancer1

Depends. Wednesday is always great fun and I'm always pretty much finished by Sunday morning but it does depend who's gonna be there. I wouldn't swap seeing LCD last year for any of the Wednesday's I've had so it's a tough one.

Edited by dj_tim

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i'm not sure why anyone would particularly care if other people have explored the site or got pissed a day before them TBH.

It pretty much ruins the festival every year for me TBH when I arrive on the Thurs. Don't know why I bother.

Why not ask your boss whether you can skip your lunch break or start early (or both) on the Wednesday, and leave at 4pm? You'd be there by half 7 then, and at that time you'd walk straight in, it'd still be light enough to pitch your tent and you could be in West Holts sipping on a cold pint of Brothers by 9pm on the Wednesday, AND you get to stay the whole weekend. 

Edit: I'm assuming you live in Brighton because of your username...

Edited by JoBalls

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

when the site is overloaded with extra locals,

the ground is worn down,

the toilets stink to high heaven

people are generally much wearier, 

I can honestly say that none of these things tarnished my enjoyment of LCD Soundsystem last year. Not an issue at all. 

Edited by Homer

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

give me all the bands on Sunday over a feeling of the festival being "fresh" every time. place is still plenty "fresh" on Thursday :rolleyes:

It's not, though. It's you who's fresh, not the site. Some people prefer to be part of something this big being formed. I don't really see what the problem is. I'd also choose the Sunday if given the choice, but the way some people are reacting you'd think preferring to be there on the Wednesday is completely irrational. I'm suggesting it's not.

I misread the OP. If I had to ditch one of the days It would be Weds :(  I'd want to see the festival out, also arriving on the thursday I'd imagine is less stressful, but get there early pitch up in Darble and get on with it as soon as.

That said I bloody love Glastonbury wednesdays.

Wednesday's great but the atmosphere on Thursday night is something else, Sunday can be a bit hit and miss, especially if the weather's been unkind but I reckon it's the better bet so I'd much rather opt for Thursday to Finish, you won't miss a great deal on Wednesday but you'll definitely miss loads on Sunday.:)