Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We sacked off the Wednesday this year, Mrs Jass is pregnant and didn't want to be hanging around outside in the heat, and to be honest I never really felt like I had missed out on anything. Plus I had a little more in the tank for Sunday.

We've arrived midday Thursday the last 2 years, due to child care (which you may experience in the future! Congrats btw). Definitely didn't feel like I was missing out on anything and had a lot more energy the rest of the fest. Win-win. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

How did you get in there after 12? We were camping right near there and couldn't get in. We saw people in there though

We left at 4 this year, got to the car at 4:45 after stopping for an ice cream. Not that much of a queue for us either

just walked straight in, not from the fancy main entrance but from the back. There were a couple of people in there but I dunno if they were workers or punters or what. No-one said anything to us and we were there for a good half hour. I sat in almost all of them, like a giddy child. I loved it! I just checked a photo and this was at 1.52pm.

37 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

I suppose we all do it for different reasons. We all get something different out of it.

You aren't allowed to say that!  You have to go with the consensus or be ridiculed for being different!

12 minutes ago, russycarps said:

just walked straight in, not from the fancy main entrance but from the back. There were a couple of people in there but I dunno if they were workers or punters or what. No-one said anything to us and we were there for a good half hour. I sat in almost all of them, like a giddy child. I loved it! I just checked a photo and this was at 1.52pm.

Ah, we tried at 12:15 from the main entrance and it was shut. I only remember the time as my mate out his car keys in a lock up and had to get them by 12 that day, when he got to the lock up they'd moved to the top of the Pyramid field.... ended up having to walk from there from Cinemargeddon. Not the best Monday he had!

We camped virtually next to it - I'm gutted we didn't have a proper look in.

Just now, nikkic said:

We've arrived midday Thursday the last 2 years, due to child care (which you may experience in the future! Congrats btw). Definitely didn't feel like I was missing out on anything and had a lot more energy the rest of the fest. Win-win. 

I save myself 1.5 days of holiday each year too. Like the lead singer of the Arcade Fire back when he had a Chinese girlfriend, it's very much a Win-Win situation (outdoor upper body heating garment very much being retrieved at this moment).

8 hours ago, russycarps said:

exactly! Someone even said they actually hate the sunday! It's 33.33% of the best part of the festival. See also: people leaving on the sunday to avoid the queues in the car parks.

Absolutely bonkers!

I've never understood why anyone does this but you see it everywhere, particularly football but gigs and the like as well. Yeah great lets go back home where we've been waiting around for this event we're currently at quicker.

(there's gotta be a more cohesive way of typing that, hope y'all get my point)

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sitting in a massive traffic jam on Monday is as much a part of the Glastonbury experience as watching someone on the Pyramid or getting absolutely leathered on inexpensive cider. 

The thing is I'm sure people can give me countless examples of being stuck in horrendous traffic leaving over the years, but over the past three years we've left between 10-12 each time and never been stuck in anything close to bad. Sure there is maybe a 15-20 minute queue to get off site, but beyond that it's never been that bad. I think they do a really good job of getting everyone out and moving in different directions. I think some people are just irrationally scared of something that is never as bad as they imagine, certainly never worth missing half of Sunday for.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sitting in a massive traffic jam on Monday is as much a part of the Glastonbury experience as watching someone on the Pyramid or getting absolutely leathered on inexpensive cider. 

Lying in a holding pen in castle Cary for 90 waiting for another south west train to London was right up there with watching Radiohead for 20 mins for me (actually, maybe marginally more entertaining!).

Missed getting out pink 52 by around 2 cars and got stuck there for 2 1/2 hours. Attendant said they were told to clear the others first before letting us move. Our friends had ended up in 53 (just by luck as we arrived at same time) and got straight out. How smug they sounded with their updates as they headed home! Have the mindset it is what it is though so wasn't too stressed ( or hungover as always have a fairly easy Sunday for this exact reason )

Edited by Sack truck

7 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Missed getting out pink 52 by around 2 cars and got stuck there for 2 1/2 hours. Attendant said they were told to clear the others first before letting us move. Our friends had ended up in 53 (just by luck as we arrived at same time) and got straight out. How smug they sounded with their updates as they headed home! Have the mindset it is what it is though so wasn't too stressed ( or hungover as always have a fairly easy Sunday for this exact reason )

Fairplay - I often go absolutely ruddy crackers on Sunday.

I was even more amazed as a volunteer to see people in my field packing up early in Sunday. How could you come and do 3 x 8 hour bar shifts and not want to max out your time at the festival?

I was working from 3-11pm on Sunday, and then went out until 4am - it actually made me quite angry to see people who had been lucky enough to get the whole of a weekend day off, use it to leave early!