Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

10 hours ago, Homer said:

Just wondering what everyone's big Wednesday highlights were.

Clean pants?
Bimble?
Recently washed hair?
Not watching any bands of note?
Heat exhaustion?
Standing in a huge queue?
Cheering when a cloud went over?

I love the fact that you are still so incensed by this topic that you have revived this thread :) 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/03/2017 at 0:52 AM, plaskins said:

Wednesday. No tears on Wednesday

Sunday PM I am welling up during sets - it's not a bad thing. Just get that feeling it's all going to end soon :lol:

Every. Damn. Time. Especially when it's good weather. The atmosphere, the end approaching, the class performances, I'm a Fucking mess on Sundays and have to hide my tears often!

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Every. Damn. Time. Especially when it's good weather. The atmosphere, the end approaching, the class performances, I'm a Fucking mess on Sundays and have to hide my tears often!

Mate, I am still getting the cries. Haven't been able to watch certain highlights yet on BBC because I know I will go to pieces. Even that picture thread just managed to elicit a tear. 

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Mate, I am still getting the cries. Haven't been able to watch certain highlights yet on BBC because I know I will go to pieces. Even that picture thread just managed to elicit a tear. 

I haven't watched 1 second of anything and I can't for a while. Creep started on radio on way to work other day. Nearly broke the On/Off button I whacked it that hard.

I'm dying to watch the stuff I missed but I literally cannot do it.

This year on the wednesday evening I took a load of mushrooms, thought the park was willy wonkas chocolate factory, mooched around and ended up with my mates at the West Holts laughing that much we were nearly throwing up.

One of the funniest and best nights Ive ever had.

The daytine sunday was infibitely better, but after Chic, it was an anticlimax. I was knackered at Shaggy. In pain, needing a poo (I hadnt done one all festival) 

If I could merge sunday til 7 with wednesday after 7, it would have been one of the best days of all time.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This year on the wednesday evening I took a load of mushrooms, thought the park was willy w*nkas chocolate factory, mooched around and ended up with my mates at the West Holts laughing that much we were nearly throwing up.

You sound fun, I wish we'd been hanging out with your lot on the Weds!

My Wednesday consisted of one of the newbies I took having a massive strop after getting set up and it ending in tears. 

Bloody nightmare.

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

You sound fun, I wish we'd been hanging out with your lot on the Weds!

My Wednesday consisted of one of the newbies I took having a massive strop after getting set up and it ending in tears. 

Bloody nightmare.

That's a shame.

We jusy had a proper giggle. The more the merrier... a mushroom or acid mooch around and laugh is the general wednesday night. Ill pencil you in for 2019?!

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This year on the wednesday evening I took a load of mushrooms, thought the park was willy wonkas chocolate factory, mooched around and ended up with my mates at the West Holts laughing that much we were nearly throwing up.

One of the funniest and best nights Ive ever had.

The daytine sunday was infibitely better, but after Chic, it was an anticlimax. I was knackered at Shaggy. In pain, needing a poo (I hadnt done one all festival) 

If I could merge sunday til 7 with wednesday after 7, it would have been one of the best days of all time.

I was completely shot at Shaggy.

TBF Shaggy was completely fucked and he'd only been there a few hours.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wednesday highlight was running through the cold water the fire brigade were spraying.

If they had not of absolutely drenched me before the climb up the hill of death,  I think I may have died that day! 

Didn't read this thread pre glastonbury. I  can certainly understand the sentiments regarding Wednesday. The building excitement is wonderful.

But astounded that people would pick wednesday over Sunday. There is no doubting Sunday can be hard work mentally and physically (cider/whiskey/box wine normallyhelps with this) however I'd choose sunday over wednesday every time. In 2011 and 2015 sunday night was the best night of the festival for me.

Although this year I fucked up headliner wise on Sunday, had an ace time in shangri-la/earache stage until 3am and had a final chai tea from the lizard stage  on way back to camp for the last time - bliss.

Edited by Tyonks

I'd usually say Wednesday, but this year it was so hot and everyone I was got so pissed they went for a 'nap' at 8pm and didn't get up again so it was a bit of a write off. Saturday I was shattered due to a mad Friday night so went to bed at 10pm and was totally up for it on Sunday. Had a great day. Not being there on Sunday risks missing a band or two you'd really like to see.

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Bonkers to me that this is even a discussion.

Without doubt a full day of music at the best festival in the world is better than driving/queueing/setting up a tent. 

exactly! Someone even said they actually hate the sunday! It's 33.33% of the best part of the festival. See also: people leaving on the sunday to avoid the queues in the car parks.

Absolutely bonkers!

Wednesday was a bit naff this year due to the hotness.  But it's usually my favourite day.  I get a Pilton parking pass so don't need to worry about the queues and carrying stuff so much.  Just pure excitement of the first day.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That I find absolutely mental

Yep it's beyond belief. You look forward to the festival all year then wreck one of the three main days, just so you can hurry home to your boring existence.

We left at 4pm on the monday this year, chilling out in the sun, sitting in all the cars and airplanes in cinemarmeggon.....then drove out with no queues at all. I wasnt back at work until thursday so why sit in a stressful queue all day? I was surprised more people didnt do the same.

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep it's beyond belief. You look forward to the festival all year then wreck one of the three main days, just so you can hurry home to your boring existence.

We left at 4pm on the monday this year, chilling out in the sun, sitting in all the cars and airplanes in cinemarmeggon.....then drove out with no queues at all. I wasnt back at work until thursday so why sit in a stressful queue all day? I was surprised more people didnt do the same.

I agree I find it absolutely bizarre. We actually left at 12pm which you'd probably consider peak time l, but didn't get caught in any traffic anyway. I can't imagine being so scared of being caught in traffic I'd curtail my festival early.

First GF for me. Came by coach and had a wristband by 10am Wednesday. Left Monday at 10am.

There is huge appeal to both Wednesday and Sunday for me. 

Wednesday: As a first timer, it was great to be able to set up the tent with my mate and then go off and explore the site, without the pressures of not missing a band or "experience" somewhere. I'm terrible for FOMO and therefore once the festival started, I found it very hard to just meander and chill out exploring all the nooks and crannies. There was always so much I wanted to see, I found it hard to just take time out to enjoy the site. So in this respect Wednesday was a godsend. It was too hot, but it was manageable. No matter how many years I make it back, I think I'd always enjoy the Wednesday for that very reason. There's such an energy and enthusiasm about the place too. You know something magical is about to happen.

Sunday: Whenever I get to the last day of a festival, My focus drifts towards how far away "the end" is, rather than just staying completely immersed in the moment. It doesn't stop me having a great time and, having hit it very hard for 4 days, I never burn out. Always seem to be able to keep going until the end. But there's a melancholy background noise to it that I can't shake off. And I feel it in other people too. The countdown has begun. On the other hand, as a few others have pointed out, it's a "proper" day of the festival. It would be mad to suggest that a day where you have everything you could ask for is inferior to a day when you have very little other than excitement of what's to come.

I suppose we all do it for different reasons. We all get something different out of it.

No chance I'd pick a Wednesday over a Sunday though.

Moderat > putting up a tent.

20 minutes ago, russycarps said:

How did you get in there after 12? We were camping right near there and couldn't get in. We saw people in there though

We left at 4 this year, got to the car at 4:45 after stopping for an ice cream. Not that much of a queue for us either

Edited by FuzzyDunlop