Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/3/2017 at 4:06 PM, SallyFaulknerStantonWarrio said:

Wednesday, as long as I don't end up sitting on a haystack and crying, which has happened 50% of the times I've been

Oh dear...you don't really want to be in that sort of position until at least Saturday at 4am, and then only if you accidently watched some Coldplay-esque dross, got a welly lost in the mud and can't find your tent

Wednesday is great but it's a nothing day. Sundays horrible for a few reasons, but of course it's a special for many more reasons, be there for the Sunday i'd say or you'll miss the night of the redhead

One distinction I've noticed in this thread are that the pro-Sunday gang are more likely to tell you to choose Sunday, possibly whilst insulting or mocking those who prefer Wednesday, whilst the pro-Wednesday group will more often just offer the reason why they personally prefer going on Wednesday.

Make of that what you will.

5 minutes ago, uscore said:

One distinction I've noticed in this thread are that the pro-Sunday gang are more likely to tell you to choose Sunday, possibly whilst insulting or mocking those who prefer Wednesday, whilst the pro-Wednesday group will more often just offer the reason why they personally prefer going on Wednesday.

I make it that the Sunday crew know the score and the Wednesday crew are non-committal ditherers.

14 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I make it that the Sunday crew know the score and the Wednesday crew are non-committal ditherers.

Pfft.  Typical Sunday goer.  Probably just spends the day sat in a chair on the Pyramid field anyway...

Wednesday is normally one of the best for me provided I can get onsite by mid afternoon, if traffic is a nightmare it can be a write off by the time tent is pitched. 

Think part of the reason Wednesday is normally better is it's tends to be relatively mud free. By Sunday last year was just exhausted and hardly anywhere to sit. A mud free Sunday may top it though.

Well aside from the big difference in the music available.

I do like Wednesday, fun to explore, can chill out, get organised, start exploring, start having fun, fireworks opener it's all good.

Sunday has been mixed depending on how I am or the camp is, I've had a handful of amazing all nighters and experiences on the Sunday however there have been times where things have been more strained like 2015, where I just had no energy left to enjoy the place and it was about 3-4am on the Sunday night before I was ready to party away again after some untimely rest.

5 hours ago, uscore said:

I'd suggest that the data sample is way too small to draw any firm conclusions, to be honest.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

download.jpg

I've used this a few times myself on FB as very true lol

I must say I do dip on the Saturday but it can depend on what's on tbh..... Sunday i can get a 2nd wind but I am generally on last legs..

if had to miss a day I'd miss the Wednesday as wouldn't want to miss any bands that played the Sunday, as Thursday is still a free to explore day

Edited by shoptildrop

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I find this thread a bit bonkers. Wednesday might be your favourite day, but if you had to arrive on Thursday instead, everything you love about Wednesday would just be happening on the Thursday instead*

*Unless you really really like fireworks.

do what you like, but that's not true.  On Wednesday there's a shared experience of first day.  When you arrive on Thursday you can really sense that everyone is already acclimatised.  It's not terrible, but it's not as simple as saying Thursday is your Wednesday.  The site is different too, you can see it's started to be worn down, it's not fresh any more.

And you also spend Wednesday at home or work,  chomping at the bit.

But like I said, you do also miss a lot of the faff of getting in, so that's a bonus.

Edited by uscore