Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

Last year I picked Wednesday over Sunday, not because I dislike Sunday, or get tired, but purely because I had to choose, and so I based it on 20 odd years of experience of Wednesday being fantastic.

I was gutted to leave Sunday, but I'll probably do the same again this year, unless someone great appears on Sunday's line-up.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be Thursday for me. After the long drive and queuing to get in on the Wednesday its a relief to finally get the tent up. So Thursday starts off chilled, get some nice breakfast, lie in the lush grass before decending onto the Brothers bar to soak up the atmosphere and get absolutely plastered.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Brother, one of my favourite Glastonbury moments was late Sunday 2014, bumping into you, wooderson et al on Williams Green, the final drink of the festival, all of us having one for the road, last of the cash over the bar, llast chance to see everyone. You lot, me, Bren, Chris, my Russian ex-students, large rums all round. Fucking beautiful. Beats any band I've seen there

Feeling a bit teary eye'd 'ere.

With the 'none of it' crowd because  missing any of it is to be avoided if possible. Otherwise, the lesser of the two evils would be missing Weds - that said, unless the OP has a long haul to get there, I'd be flooring it all the way on weds eve, car already packed, no dicking around. Have also had some of my best glastonbury nights on Sundays, Bobby Womack felt all the more special because I was so emotionally fragile and the chemical brothers summoned my back up power reserves, much like the end of Terminator 2, and even last year I managed to find spring in my boots for Earth, Wind & Fire. If the music's happening, who'd be stupid enough to miss that!?

Sorry but losing a day isn't a option! It's the best week of the year.....get there early and leave late! Enjoy every moment and make memories from the Tuesday car park party, until dancing until sunrise on Monday! All about the planning, or sick days when you get home. Glasto Blues needs a week to recover ;)

Suppose it depends what type of person you are. If you're going to a music festival primarily because you like to watch/listen to live music then it's obviously Thurs-Sun.

If you are going because you enjoy bimbling around/partaking in random activities at your leisure then Wed-Sat.

Alternatively if the above is your bag a butlins holiday is probably cheaper. Fuck leaving a festival with the last day of it ahead. ;) 

16 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The 'If I'm out on the batter for 4 nights Wed - Sat then I'm less jaded by the end of it than I would be if it was 4 nights Thurs - Sun' rationale is one for the ages alright.

Yes, but the problem is that Wednesdays inherently make you feel great, whereas Sundays make you feel like sh1t. Keep up!

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when the festival only opened on Thurs and just how sh1t that was. i don't know why we even bothered, turning up absolutely shattered and unwashed on the Thursday!

14 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

The Wednesday is always the best day. It is "quiet" and you get to experience the buzz of walking in in a nice clean state right at the start before it all goes downhill hygiene and fitness wise. 

The worst Sunday by far was 2013 - tired, no one I was really excited to see with only Mumford and Sons to get "excited" about. It was the only year I can recall thinking I wasnt bothered if we left early. Even 2007 Sunday!

It is actually possible to walk in with clean clothes on on the Thursday too. I've done it loads of times.

Should have headed to the Glade. Eat Static and System 7 tore the Spirit of '71 stage a new one back to back!

Edited by Homer

Mind, having done Thursday instead of Wed for the past couple of years, I can't say that there's been a significant difference in how I've felt on the Monday morning. 

Recovery time is the same as well, you'll not find me anywhere near work till after Wednesday. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think it's about enjoying it in different ways, tbh.  It's about folk doling out advice based on a flawed understanding of how time works.

Ha ha ha!

If I wasn't so angry about how other people choose to spend their time - and, let's not forget, vehemently opposed to the whole concept of Wednesdays - I would have laughed out loud at that one!

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's about folk doling out advice based on a flawed understanding of how time works.

I don't think people were giving advice, just their opinion and reasons. The reasons may be flawed, but that's life.

I certainly wouldn't advise people to do Glastonbury like me. That way madness lies.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Is anyone else feeling a bit sluggish today? I don't know it is. I felt great yesterday, like the world was my oyster, not to mention my hair looked great. Just can't get going today for some reason!

If you think today's bad then just you wait until Sunday 

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think it's about enjoying it in different ways, tbh.  It's about folk doling out advice based on a flawed understanding of how time works.

But but but the first day of the school

holidays is always better than the last, right?

I mean, time is relative. Stephen Hawkins never had to spend Boxing Day with my family. 

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Sunday is with a hangover, an hour less in bed and the mother in law so will actually be horrendous. 

If you're going to get pissed and go to bed with your mother in law then that's kind of you own fault.

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is anyone else feeling a bit sluggish today? I don't know it is. I felt great yesterday, like the world was my oyster, not to mention my hair looked great. Just can't get going today for some reason!

my hair looked great yesterday too, not seen it for a while, but there it was on an old photo, poncing around all long and clean. Little did I know it was about to leggit....splitter