Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCD were the exception, the last few Sunday evenings before that, I've been at the bar on Williams Green, can't remember a Sunday headliner I've seen apart from Murphy and the gang last year. 

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

LCD were the exception, the last few Sunday evenings before that, I've been at the bar on Williams Green

You have your own stool there now. They drape a Mardy flag over it when you're not there.

Also its where myself and @Woodersonwatch Muse gigs from. Twice now. Can kind of of hear the gig, the view isn't great but on the plus side, you're not watching Muse.

Next time they're playing we'll see you there I'm sure. I'm buying. Its the best spot for a Muse show. 

Edited by The Nal

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

LCD were the exception, the last few Sunday evenings before that, I've been at the bar on Williams Green, can't remember a Sunday headliner I've seen apart from Murphy and the gang last year. 

On sunday 2013 Phoenix at JP tent was incredible. After they walked off stage the long haired dude who  runs the stage came out to the center of the tent and we all gave him a massive group hug. And there was a big circle kind of improvised group dance to the tune of New York New York as well. 

6 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

On sunday 2013 Phoenix at JP tent was incredible. After they walked off stage the long haired dude who  runs the stage came out to the center of the tent and we all gave him a massive group hug. And there was a big circle kind of improvised group dance to the tune of New York New York as well. 

That was such an amazing Sunday finale. I convinced a couple of my camp stragglers to come along and it was glorious.

Ditch the Wednesday, stay for the bands Sunday.

Can understand some of the points in here, but it would seem a bit odd to cut out a day of music at a music festival, for an admittedly exciting set up and bed in day. All the things you could do on the Wednesday you can cram into the main-act-free Thursday.

I always feel Sunday is bittersweet, there's a sadness as all of a sudden the end is nigh, and for me as the day goes by and more and more empty spaces where tents were appear, so I much prefer the excitement of what's to come with Wednesday. 

If I had to rank the days:

1. Wednesday - anticipation, meeting friends again, Brothers Bar

2. Friday - the serious music kicks off

3. Saturday - just as good as Friday really, but one day less to go

4. Thursday - not as good as Wednesday only because I've likely over-done things and has to be more subdued

5. Sunday - just goes too quickly, and tiredness plays a part

6. Tuesday - half day in CV fields, just sitting atop the hill of death taking in the view

7. Monday - awful, hate the drive home, and either stupidly early to avoid the queues or sit there frustrated for hours

9......you know what.....

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I always feel Sunday is bittersweet, there's a sadness as all of a sudden the end is nigh, and for me as the day goes by and more and more empty spaces where tents were appear, so I much prefer the excitement of what's to come with Wednesday. 

If I had to rank the days:

1. Wednesday - anticipation, meeting friends again, Brothers Bar

2. Friday - the serious music kicks off

3. Saturday - just as good as Friday really, but one day less to go

4. Thursday - not as good as Wednesday only because I've likely over-done things and has to be more subdued

5. Sunday - just goes too quickly, and tiredness plays a part

6. Monday - half day in CV fields, just sitting atop the hill of death taking in the view

7. Monday - awful, hate the drive home, and either stupidly early to avoid the queues or sit there frustrated for hours

9......you know what.....

1. Friday - My day of choice. Always have the best experiences. Everything kicks off. It's like the worlds best party & everyone is invited. 99% of the time my main act plays.

2. Wednesday - Anticipation, joy. 150,000 people all feeling fucking marvellous. 

3. Sunday - Had a great sunday last year. After wobbling back from watching Cyndi Lauper, I was stood looking and feeling very very thankful for the last few days.

4. Saturday - Always a bit of a comedown day (barring 2011). Ive generally not slept on Friday. The day is often hard work. Picks up later.

5. Thursday - Bit of a potter about, before the real stuff begins.

6. The Tuesday before - The feeling of "this time tomorrow"

7. Fuck off monday, you don't deserve on this

8. The Tuesday after. Realisation its all over. Life will be back to how it was & it's time to cry.

9. PH.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I tell you what mate, knock yourself out and leave on Sunday. You'll get to experience the incredible 'fresh' feeling that you only get somehow on Wednesdays (and is in no way connected to the fact that it's just because Wednesday happens to be the day you arrived), plus you'll get to sit in a chair, have your first smoke (when you arrive on Thurs it actually becomes your second smoke - true story), walk up a hill and go for a 'bimble' (none of which are at all possible on any other day).

Plus on Saturday, when it's your last day, you'll completely eradicate that horrible feeling that the festival is coming to an end, because this state of mind is inherent in 'Sundays' and not anything to do with the fact that your festival is coming to an end. (And this is somehow nowhere near as bad as the normal feeling that is created by Sunday  - even though you're for some reason walking off with 33.3333333% of the 'main festival' still to go).

The end.

You wrote that all for me ? Bless :rofl:

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

You have your own stool there now. They drape a Mardy flag over it when you're not there.

Also its where myself and @Woodersonwatch Muse gigs from. Twice now. Can kind of of hear the gig, the view isn't great but on the plus side, you're not watching Muse.

Next time they're playing we'll see you there I'm sure. I'm buying. Its the best spot for a Muse show. 

Brother, one of my favourite Glastonbury moments was late Sunday 2014, bumping into you, wooderson et al on Williams Green, the final drink of the festival, all of us having one for the road, last of the cash over the bar, llast chance to see everyone. You lot, me, Bren, Chris, my Russian ex-students, large rums all round. Fucking beautiful. Beats any band I've seen there

5 hours ago, brighton1983 said:

This may seem a strange question but struggling to get all time off for festival so have to make a choice.

I like the wednesday as although its not got any bands on i can pitch up and chill out. I often find the sundays a bit of a slog after the previous few days but then again its often a day i can take my seat round and just chill watching bands. Is the bottom line the bands or the experience ?

If it's Weds -Sat or Thurs - Sun then Thurs-Sun every time for me. Far more happening on the Thurs and you have Sunday too.

30 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Brother, one of my favourite Glastonbury moments was late Sunday 2014, bumping into you, wooderson et al on Williams Green, the final drink of the festival, all of us having one for the road, last of the cash over the bar, llast chance to see everyone. You lot, me, Bren, Chris, my Russian ex-students, large rums all round. Fucking beautiful. Beats any band I've seen there

Yep indeed. We'll be doing it again this year too! 

Wednesday is the best day of the festival, first day, whole festival and in front of you, knowledge that you are about to have the best 5 days of the year, however if I had to choose between Wednesday and Sunday I'd choose Sunday every time, it's the final proper festival day, bands in full swing, Thursday will just be your Wednesday.

Tough one. I do love the Wednesday. Last year I happened to get a Thursday coach package though and I must say it did not diminish my enjoyment, as I had thought. For the music I have to say go for the Sunday. You won't be as tired come Sunday if you only started on Thursday.

Wednesday by far, I actually feel sad come Sunday- there is that feeling that its coming to an end, people are endlessly trudging back to cars and packing up and it just feels all over far too soon. I think they should ban people from leaving until Monday morning (joke) - just feels like a good percentage of people are 'taking it a little easier'

Wednesday is so full of optimism, excitement and anticipation - truely a great day

I can't imagine having to choose between Wednesday and Sunday.  But if you've managed to get a ticket make the most of it and negotiate to extend your time off so you can do Wednesday - Monday.  

Luckily with a caravan we can pitch up on Tuesday (traffic permitting) which means Wednesday is no rush day.  Just a gentle stroll down after a decent breakfast and a good night's sleep and then a chance for a glorious bimble.

Also, luckily, the people I work for understand that Glastonbury is the one non-negotiable week in my calendar when, if I've got a ticket, they won't see me for mud - or dust.

I like Wednesday and Thursday tbh Sunday I find hard and I panic the most on Sunday till I've got into the vibe again.. Monday to me is mostly a disaster day till I'm out off site and some where safe.. 

If that's sounds Abit stupid and hard work.. That's my life old sons.. 

Hence it's always my last Glastonbury AGAIN lol

This has probably been said but I'm not reading through 6 pages, then again would I prefer page 1 or page 6?

For the people who say they're always knackered on Sunday and Wednesday is better, that's because you've been there since Wednesday. It's probably better to think how you feel on Saturday rather than Sunday, as if you turn up on Thursday rather than Wednesday surely by Sunday you'll only actually feel like you would on Saturday? If you generally feel much better in a Saturday than a Sunday then Thursday is near identical to Wednesday anyway, so Thursday Sunday would be much better.