Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Some people enjoy watching bands, etc. Some enjoy, er, sitting in chairs and walking up hills. Each to their own!

Some people also enjoy the Green Futures, Theatre & Circus, Green Crafts, Healing Fields, Cabaret Tent, all the bars that are on offer, Shangri La, The Common, Block 9, The Unfairground.....

Edited by BlackHole2006

Sunday by a mile. While Wednesday is great for feeling fresh and excited, I love just going all out on the final night knowing I won't get the opportunity to be there for at least another year. My best times at Glastonbury have always been on the Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I never do sober Sunday, I just leave Monday when I feel fit to drive, but some of my group do as they bugger off very early Monday. 

If this is you, then transferring that to Saturday will be even worse, surely? 

I think you've misunderstood my post.

Just saying that not doing Sunday because it's depressing makes no sense. Whatever day you choose to leave (or morning after) is going to be depressing.

I like how by Sunday most people have just gone crazy, you've been drunk and haven't showered for five days and have lost all inhibitions, I reckon if the headliners are decent, a Sunday crowd will always have a better atmosphere than a Friday. That being said I love Wednesday, but it's perked are transferable to Thursday ...

Like the majority of people here, Wednesday hands down. Giddy as fuck, full of beans, exploring the site and getting overly excited about every little thing and generally just doing whatever you want. By the time Sunday comes I'm a shadow of my former self and am filled with equal parts sadness that it's almost over and glee that it's almost over. When the stage splits and days are released I'm always a little annoyed when something I really want to see is on the Sunday (especially early doors) as I know it's gonna be a bit of a struggle to get in to the swing of things - Kamasi Washington was a victim of this last year.

So the 'wednesday lot' went off like a steam train and i thought the fight was over before it started. Ding ding Round 2 and out come the 'Sundays' with some serious leather and some comparisons to cinemas and restaurants. Round 3 is a quieter round with the "do what you wants" ruining it by being sensible. Can this thread go the full 12 rounds ??!!

I've only been in 2015 but I preferred the Thursday to the Wednesday. To be honest I can't even remember what I did on the Wednesday. I didnt arrive until about 2/3pm but didnt have to put a tent up or anything - maybe that's why I don't remember it all too well, I didnt have that tent up first beer feeling, I just wandered in chuck my bag down and fucked off to check out the place.

Actually writing this out I think I went to the green fields Wednesday night - I might not have though, I didnt have a clue what/where anything was - maybe thats why i struggled, I don't like the feeling of not knowing where I am. Once I'd got my bearings it clicked a bit better for me.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this, basically Sunday was far better, I saw the Chemical Brothers, how could it not be better.

1 hour ago, brighton1983 said:

So the 'wednesday lot' went off like a steam train and i thought the fight was over before it started. Ding ding Round 2 and out come the 'Sundays' with some serious leather and some comparisons to cinemas and restaurants. Round 3 is a quieter round with the "do what you wants" ruining it by being sensible. Can this thread go the full 12 rounds ??!!

I tell you what mate, knock yourself out and leave on Sunday. You'll get to experience the incredible 'fresh' feeling that you only get somehow on Wednesdays (and is in no way connected to the fact that it's just because Wednesday happens to be the day you arrived), plus you'll get to sit in a chair, have your first smoke (when you arrive on Thurs it actually becomes your second smoke - true story), walk up a hill and go for a 'bimble' (none of which are at all possible on any other day).

Plus on Saturday, when it's your last day, you'll completely eradicate that horrible feeling that the festival is coming to an end, because this state of mind is inherent in 'Sundays' and not anything to do with the fact that your festival is coming to an end. (And this is somehow nowhere near as bad as the normal feeling that is created by Sunday  - even though you're for some reason walking off with 33.3333333% of the 'main festival' still to go).

The end.

Hmmm... dunno. There needs to be someone pretty fucking spectacular to lift me up on Sunday evening. Horses for courses, innit, but a huge part of the festival for me is meeting up with old friends who I've not seen for a year. By Sunday, I've had my fill of music and my body is knackered. 

4 hours ago, Odessa said:

We were in Glastonbury the town for about 11am last year and didn't make it to the carpark until about 6 or 7pm. I wouldn't have wanted to have been sat in traffic all day knowing I'd sacrificed the Sunday to do so. Sunday all the way for me, especially as your favourite act on the lineup could be playing that day.

Looks like we got ourselves a Sheeran fan ...... Cleetus fetch  the noose.

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

"I've heard too much music now. Turn that bloody racket off! Can hardly hear myself think here."

Thing is, are you knackered Saturday? Cos if not, then Sunday would be the same as Saturday if you rocked up on thursday. In theory. 

I don't think thats theory, it's basic maths.