Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed Wed the first year I went, did the full whack last year. Having been there on a Wednesday I'd now always try to be there, but if it came down to a choice between that and Sunday it's not even a contest.

Do Thursday to Sunday. 100%.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
Fucked up the days

I hate the Wednesdays...

.. because I am still at work, watching the camping fields fill up on the webcam. We always arrive on Thursday. For me the best time is Thursday afternooon, just after the last peg has been wacked in. Thats when I am the most excited about what lies in store for me for the next few days - I am finally there

Best full day is always Friday for me, first full day of bands, but stil exploring the site, and I dont feel as if I have run 100 marathons. And there's 'usually' less mud of a Friday 

Last yr missed most of weds anyway due to traffic, and left Sunday afternoon as had had enough plus wasn't fussed about the headliners. Camper van field this year so theoretically could go Tues, but current plan is to drive down Thurs after school with the kids. Lot of drivel to say sack off the weds if I were you.

And I second Friday as being my actual favourite day.

Edited by slash's hat

Both great. No better feeling in the world than walking in there on Wednesday, getting set up and going for a beer. I still maintain that people find it a ballache because they bring way too much stuff. Some people already look fucked by lunchtime Wednesday. :wacko:

I've started drinking whiskey very early on Sunday at the last few fests which is also a great feeling.

Wednesday, definitely. For all the reasons that everyone else has given. Plus, I turned up on Thursday once. It's like when you meet your mates on a night out after they've already been on it for a couple of hours and you're on a totally different level to them. Multiplied by 100. 

Plus you can make a nice, smooth getaway with no traffic.

Thursday to Sunday, definitely. We always go on Thursday for childcare reasons, no traffic, no queues to get in, I wouldn't know as I have never been on a Wednesday but the feelings described by those above are the same on the Thursday,  you will be fresher on the Sunday so will enjoy that more, and anyway aren't Wednesday and Thursday pretty much the same, but on Sunday you have possibility of missing out on a band you really want to see. If you can get a mate to take your tent and blag you a camping space all the better x

This is beyond ridiculous. You presumably don't feel all fresh on Weds because Weds is magic. It's because you've just arrived at the fest. You can replicate this feeling by turning up on Thursday, while also getting in really quickly and still catching all three days of bands.

Weds is the best day? They should just do away with all the band rubbish and just make it into a five-day camping holiday. I know everyone is trying to out-Glastonbury everyone else - but during LCD Soundsystem last year, was anyone seriously getting distracted because they were looking back to those halcyon days when their hair felt more fresh? Or the Chemical Brothers the year before? I literally don't know how to understand this point of view. It's completely beyond me.

Edited by Homer

Yeah I can imagine why a lot of people find the first day of something they enjoy better than the last day but I don't believe anyone would genuinely choose to be there Wednesday over Sunday.

To me Wednesday's good and all but the positives are all transferable to Thursday. I only really do Wednesday to get the camping spot sorted, travelling, lugging stuff around and everything set up so I can enjoy Thursday without any stress.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I can imagine why a lot of people find the first day of something they enjoy better than the last day but I don't believe anyone would genuinely choose to be there Wednesday over Sunday.

To me Wednesday's good and all but the positives are all transferable to Thursday. I only really do Wednesday to get the camping spot sorted, travelling, lugging stuff around and everything set up so I can enjoy Thursday without any stress.

Apparently about 90% of people would if you scroll up!

2 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Nothing beats taking my virgin friends up to the top of the muddy mound on the Wednesday.

Go watch some bands. It'll blow their minds. And the view is broadly the same every day!

Also - that sounds well dodgy.

Edited by Homer

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Apparently about 90% of people would if you scroll up!

It's madness. @dentalplan has nailed it in the first sentence of his second paragraph. There's nothing you do on Wednesday that you can't do on Thursday. Whereas, for all the hangovers, comedowns and melancholy that comes with it, there's no way to see all the acts you'll see on Sunday on the Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you walk up to the Glastonbury sign without turning round on the Thursday rather than the Wednesday, when you turn round you wind up face to face with the Candyman.

If you do it on Sunday, you see Rag'n'Bone Man!

And he declares his status as a human being in your face until the end of time.

Edited by dentalplan

Wednesday all the way can't beat the atmosphere and the excitement. Love getting in early and setting up then feeling that sense of satisfaction that you have left the real world behind when you are in your chair cracking open that first beer and rolling that first smoke for the weekend!! 

Sunday is where that sense of dread starts to set in and the realisation that it is all over. 

Edited by Tdiz

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would. Fight me.

I usually want to go home Sunday and I can't figure out exactly why. I've had the same feeling at 4 day fests too. I think I get fed up of the feeling of having to do stuff. I'm a sulking mess when I go on non-'lounging round the pool' holidays too.