Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

This may seem a strange question but struggling to get all time off for festival so have to make a choice.

I like the wednesday as although its not got any bands on i can pitch up and chill out. I often find the sundays a bit of a slog after the previous few days but then again its often a day i can take my seat round and just chill watching bands. Is the bottom line the bands or the experience ?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday for me, just the excitement of having the festival ahead of you is unbeatable. That said in 2010 I got sunstroke on the wednesday and last year I had a rather unfortunate mud related mishap which temporarily robbed me of my glastonbury spirit for around 15 minutes or so.

If it's a dry wednesday and you are free to wander round the whole site taking it, it is just marvellous. The Rum Shack also had gigs on, on the weds last year, saw my first band by 10pm!

Edited by Hotchilidog

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Wednesday, without a shadow of a doubt. Energy! Optimism! Clean hair! Best day of the festival

Yup Wednesday it's a tough one though, love the buzz of everything to come and the fresh grass :D By Sunday I'm knackered but slog it out as much I can.

11 minutes ago, brighton1983 said:

This may seem a strange question but struggling to get all time off for festival so have to make a choice.

I like the wednesday as although its not got any bands on i can pitch up and chill out. I often find the sundays a bit of a slog after the previous few days but then again its often a day i can take my seat round and just chill watching bands. Is the bottom line the bands or the experience ?

Wednesday it;s the best you are full of the joys of festival season seeing people you may not have seen for a year

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Wednesday, without a shadow of a doubt. Energy! Optimism! Clean hair! Best day of the festival

I'd normally agree but last year the Energy and Optimism dropped off a wee bit after 10 hours in traffic

As for clean hair, from a position of not having any, I'm good to go all weekend....wait, unless you meant, urgh

Wednesday it is though

We were in Glastonbury the town for about 11am last year and didn't make it to the carpark until about 6 or 7pm. I wouldn't have wanted to have been sat in traffic all day knowing I'd sacrificed the Sunday to do so. Sunday all the way for me, especially as your favourite act on the lineup could be playing that day.

18 minutes ago, brighton1983 said:

This isn't a choice at all.  Ditch the Wednesday and go on the Sunday.  You'll have the same feeling of wonder and optimism on your first day regardless of which day it is, and you won't be sacrificing 33% of the actual entertainment.

Plus, by Thursday you can just waltz through the gates without having to queue over night in a binbag full of freezing rainwater.

Wednesday every single time! Queuing up in the early hours with a cider and that moment when everyone suddenly stands up when the gates open and cheers! Wristband on, try in vain to find somewhere safe to stash the programme and tote bag, tent up, another cider............ shit it's only 10:00am! Oh well, another cider!

I'd choose Sunday. I do like a Wednesday but it's not like you cant do pretty much the same on your Thursday. You'd also miss a third of the bands. 

Sunday night can be frustrating if you've got an early start so I tend to get pissed early doors and finish early.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

This is a good point. As much as we romanticise Wed and Thursday here, if you've sacrificed Sunday and then find out daft punk are headlining the other on Sunday (it won't happen, but whoever floats your boat) you'll be gutted. 

It's the biggest no brainer I've ever seen posited on here. 

Like your hair isn't also clean on the Thursday if you show up then......or that with one less night going hard / under canvas you're still less banjaxed on the Sunday than would otherwise be the case.

Agree with CalGonz, it's all relative isn't it? Four days is four days regardless when you start and finish. If wed is spent half travelling and Thurs is clearer getting down there and in etc, then personally I'd choose Sunday. My mates and I always go over the top wed tho so if you're meeting people Thurs and they've already had a large one, then Thurs might be a bit of a dud as you're well up for it while everyone else just wants to chill. I'd still go Sunday cos you'll still be excited if you arrive Thursday and don't miss a third of the main acts

Wednesday fo sho.  You've got all the slog out of the way (ticket day panic, saving, getting there, getting pitched) and you know it's all out there in front of you.  Every Wednesday I've been there has brought different treats.

I sometimes find Sundays a bit depressing at times, knowing it's nearly over and you have to pack up and get your shit back home with nothing more to look forward to than a 12 month wait.  

sunday for sure. Wednesday is good and all that (apart from the horrific walk, the ballache to find a camping spot etc), but it's incomparable to a proper festival day.

Wednesday never even used to be a thing not so long ago, and now people would sacrifice the sunday for it! Amazing how things change.

In a straight what day is better question then fair enough, whatever floats your boat. But in the sense of the OP where they are choosing which day to sack off, I'm with CalGon, its an absolute no brainer.

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I sometimes find Sundays a bit depressing at times, knowing it's nearly over and you have to pack up and get your shit back home with nothing more to look forward to than a 12 month wait.  

You would still have this feeling if you sacked off the sunday, you'd just get it on Saturday and probably worse as you wouldnt have the collective experience with others that are feeling the same.

I've done Thursday to Sunday the last two G's due to baby responsibilities and while I'm jealous being at work while my mates are living it up on the Wednesday, I don't miss the overnight travel, queues to get in and feeling knackered by 4pm. I've rarely had a a late Wednesday for that reason.

Im going to say Thurs is my favourite day ( as it isn't on the options and I like to be controversial !!) A day spent chilling with friends with no travel or queuing involved (wed is great once in and set up ... but that slogs takes an edge off  the fun ) the sunday I would rule out as some friends always get away after the headliners so some of their day taken up with taking stuff back to the car and by Sunday Im usually flagging a little !!

34 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Wednesday all the way. One of my favourite day's of the festival. Along with the other days that end in Y.

I re-thought my post. Sunday is a very good day also. Damn it's a hard one.

Edited by joeltg