2017 vs Previous Editions

magicglasto

Hello ! 

Don't you think, about rumors and confirmed acts, that this year seems under the other ones ? Your point of view? 

If you compare to the previous headliners ( Adele, Kanye, Arcade Fire, Patti Smith, Rolling Stones ... ) 
I mean, except Radiohead which is HUGE .... I like Foo Fighters but they are everywhere. 

It's the year i'm coming so I strongly hope that the line up will be as good as before ... 

1 minute ago, magicglasto said:

Hello ! 

Don't you think, about rumors and confirmed acts, that this year seems under the other ones ? Your point of view? 

If you compare to the previous headliners ( Adele, Kanye, Arcade Fire, Patti Smith, Rolling Stones ... ) 
I mean, except Radiohead which is HUGE .... I like Foo Fighters but they are everywhere. 

It's the year i'm coming so I strongly hope that the line up will be as good as before ... 

Watch Radiohead (as you think that's HUGE), then stay away from the Pyramid as much as possible.  Ed Sheeran by some accounts is kind of a big deal too.

Arguably I would say Adele, Kanye, Arcade Fire, and Rolling Stones are or were everywhere too -  personal preferences aside, Foo Fighters and Ed are undoubtedly two of the biggest artists around at the moment so they're still absolutely huge bookings.

as above, there's absolutely loads to see, the headliners across the other stages are headliners of smaller festivals in their own right, so I wouldn't worry about what's on at the Pyramid stage!

I think it's a little early to judge just yet, we still have to find out who's topping the bill on other stages, let alone the sub headliners.

Otherwise you can do what alot of people do (including me some years) and watch hardly any music and still have the most amazing time.

I love doing what I call more uncommercial years, I float around all the odd and slightly more obscure places. That's the joy of this festival, you really do not know what you will find, who you will see.

Edited by joeltg

26 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Watch Radiohead (as you think that's HUGE), then stay away from the Pyramid as much as possible.  Ed Sheeran by some accounts is kind of a big deal too.

Ed is huge no doubt, may not be everyone's cup of tea but will pull a big crowd

Edited by Cnr_22
Said no doubt 2 times and I sounded like a right knobbo

34 minutes ago, magicglasto said:

Hello ! 

If only Patti was a headliner, then maybe we wouldn't have had her set cut short to sing happy birthday to the Dalai Lama...(although, in fairness, that was one of those surreal Glastonbury moments I'll never forget).

But, yeah, as others have said, critique the lineup when we actually have one.  Even the imminent first lineup poster isn't the be all and end all - there'll still be more acts to come, and usually some pretty good ones too.

33 minutes ago, magicglasto said:

Yes i'm sure you're all right and Glasto seems more about " exploring " than others festival. 

By the sheer size of it, yes there is a lot of exploring, when you can see the all the other bands playing, as well as the other acts and shows going on.  I don't avoid the Pyramid stage on principle, but it's rare that I've been to see the headliners, and have been drawn elsewhere. You will find great things, no matter what genre you like. Allez-y!

57 minutes ago, magicglasto said:

Yes i'm sure you're all right and Glasto seems more about " exploring " than others festival. 

Have a look at http:///s/g2016 - go in to the settings to reveal all the stages (not on by default).  If you look at Pyramid stage, everything takes longer - including having to wait between acts.  If you 'really' wanted to see a headliner there, it takes several hours of your day.  So great if it's something you want to see, but with the same amount of time you can pop along to multiple other things, ...or just wander about and see what happens :)

Many of my favourite acts have been ones that weren't even on the initial poster. 2015 in particular was full of surprises from smaller bands. 

If the intial headliners aren't really floating your boat, I promise there will be so much more that will. Just wait til the full line up is released in June and you'll be lost at all the choice you have.

Compared to this stage last year, I think there's more of interest for me that Neil has down as a SR or TBC.

I really don't think there are many years where you look at the lineup and think "that's pants". There's always at least 4-5 must see acts, and dozens of great acts waiting to be discovered throughout the undercard. It's amazing how they so consistently manage to nail it.

Edited by jparx
Words failed me.

21 minutes ago, Fladog said:

I like it when I have only 3 or 4 must see acts all weekend, it gives me more time and just to enjoy the place

Yeah totally this. My best years have been when I've only seen 4 bands. Ace just stumbling into things.

1 hour ago, FrancisH said:

A downvote, really? Come on... this person has never been to Glastonbury, coming from another country, and just asking a question of everyone that has been - don't be a dick 

I wonder if all the downvoting non-Gold members know that we smug Gold members can see exactly who up and downvoted every single post...

Because we can...

I bloody hate downvoting. Even when it's 'deserved' I will not engage in that most un-Glastonbury of practices.

But, back on topic...

@magicglasto - don't fret about what you think the line-up looks like at this very early stage. There are thousands of performances over the five days on nearly 100 stages. Prepare for your mind to melt. Anyone at Glastonbury unable to have a brilliant time, somewhere on site, 24 hours a day for five days is either dead, or just not trying...!

Welcome to one of the greatest places on the planet.

:)

Ben

:fuck:

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I wonder if all the downvoting non-Gold members know that we smug Gold members can see exactly who up and downvoted every single post...

Because we can...

I bloody hate downvoting. Even when it's 'deserved' I will not engage in that most un-Glastonbury of practices.

Ben

It's the Internet man, the votes are there and everyone is free to use their own as they wish. Nowt to get wound up about surely?

3 hours ago, magicglasto said:

Hello ! 

Il faudrait quelqu'un une décennie à l'expérience la chose entière.

50 minutes ago, Badlands said:

:fuck:

It's the Internet man, the votes are there and everyone is free to use their own as they wish. Nowt to get wound up about surely?

I'm not telling people they can't use them, Badlands, I'm saying that I find the practice petty and a bit w*nky, that's all. So thanks for your mature response and accompanying downvote. If it was ironic, it wasn't especially effective!

I'd rather people had a discussion/debate about something than used a cyber-version of a playground insult, is all!

Oh and @Scruffylovemonster...I'm watching you...

Ben

16 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Il y a une decennie depuis mon premier et je croix que je n'ai pas vu tout. 

(I have no idea how to do accents on the keyboard - and I ain't that fussed. The french is too rusty to worry about that). 

Si on peut se tutoyer, tu dois utiliser le clef  <<alt>> avec les clefs de numéros pour incluire des accents, par exemple <<alt>> avec 1 3 0 produit <<é>>. Ca va mon pôte?

http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Every year is shitter than the one preceding it. So you will be attending the worst ever Glastonbury regardless of irrelevant matters like the line up.

Console yourself with the fact that when you go in 2019 you can declare that the festival isn't as good as it used to be. 

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but if you are why do you bother to keep going?