As part of a graphic design project we are creating a virtual reality version of Glastonbury. The reasoning for this is to tackle the issues that surround the environment, ticket distribution, overall experience, accommodation and health safety. Queues will be a thing of the past along with loosing your belongings, getting ditched by your lift or over doing the drink (or any other substance). Our VR festival will be a new entry point of experience for new fans that are coherent with modern technology and old fans that wish to re-live their experiences. We want to use this project to explore the possibilities of a festival of the future, but still remain true to the essence of Glastonbury. What do you all think? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Why?

Thank you,

Chomsky 

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by af182821

Sounds like the sort of thing that would pass maybe an hour or two but it's never going to be anything like experiencing something in, you know, real life.

How do you plan going about this?

24 hours a day for 5 days? 

How do you pronounce Glastonnbvry?

Will there be an 'add cider' button?

Will it include smells?

Will it show the football?

Will I have to make my own Growler?

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Sounds like the sort of thing that would pass maybe an hour or two but it's never going to be anything like experiencing something in, you know, real life.

How do you plan going about this?

24 hours a day for 5 days? 

How do you pronounce Glastonnbvry?

Will there be an 'add cider' button?

Will it include smells?

Will it show the football?

Will I have to make my own Growler?

It ain't nothin without the slam of the long drops in the back ground and that funky smell. 

10 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

It ain't nothin without the slam of the long drops in the back ground and that funky smell. 

The slightly worrying buzz of the electricity pylons add a frisson of danger to an otherwise peacful (yeah, right) sleep.