Advice on Visiting Worthy Farm this Saturday

fipo79

Hi everyone.

Going to have a wander round worthy farm on Saturday coming. We have contacted the festival office and they gave us the green light and a little ordnance map of the area. 

However we are looking for advice from anyone that has done a walk round of the farm where would be good to park our car for access. We aren't from the area but have been to the festival many times. We are mainly looking to see the pyramid stage,  go the stone circle and just spend a bit of time wandering the hallowed turf trying to pick out the various areas.

any advice would be amazing 

thanks a mill

We normally hang a right as you come to the bottom of the hill if you're coming from Glastonbury (left if you're at the bottom of the hill having come through Pilton towards Glastonbury), over the cattle grid, left again and then park over on the right; the Pyramid will be down and to your left. If you got a dogger bring a lead as there can be sheep mooching about behind leccy fences but not much else.

9 hours ago, Barney McGrew said:

We normally hang a right as you come to the bottom of the hill if you're coming from Glastonbury (left if you're at the bottom of the hill having come through Pilton towards Glastonbury), over the cattle grid, left again and then park over on the right; the Pyramid will be down and to your left. If you got a dogger bring a lead as there can be sheep mooching about behind leccy fences but not much else.

Wouldn't you keep the dogger in the car?

I read some great advice on here which helped massively when visiting the farm a couple of weeks ago. We put Pylle Road into the satnav, drove all the way down the road until we reached the playing field (Pilton Skateboard Park). Park here (although they do not like you to park directly outside the park if you aren't using it but there are other places to park up nearby) and walk a couple of minutes down the road to Hitchen Hill. Follow the Hitchen Hill road down and you will eventually see the Pyramid stage in front of you to the left and the Wood in front to the right.

It's surprisingly easy to get your bearings. We walked from the Pyramid, down towards Williams Green and the kids field. We then walked all the way up to the Stone Circle. 

Enjoy!

On 20/03/2017 at 7:20 AM, Ommadawn said:

Wouldn't you keep the dogger in the car?

Nay... if I've got to walk around fields Labradogger gonna come too!

The things you do just so your teenage son can get a selfie with the Radiohead bear, oh well, at least he has awesome taste in music (my son, not the bear!).:D

Walk all the way up the hill to where the Glastonbury sign will be, without turning round until you get to the top. Then turn round and ponder how it's gonna take ages to get back to the fucking car and wish you hadn't bothered. 

I went at the end of April last year and parked on Hitchin Hill - nice and easy, no one there, and you can head straight down to the Hitchin Hill long drops and assuming they've started to construct them, look into the clean concrete holes and marvel at how much shit they can hold.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies. I think we now feel like we have our bearings :lol:!! As always ye all have been most helpful. We missed out on tickets in October....but going down to the farm the weekend for a mooch around has us as giddy as if we were going for the festival. We will defo be taking photos of the most special farm on the planet!! Giddy :D

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all!

There are a few threads on visiting the farm but seeing as this one has a few recommendations on where to park I thought I would bump this one.

I'm planning on having a walk around the farm tomorrow (Hopefully I can provide some pictures if the weather plays ball). Just thought I would check before I go if anyone knows if the site is still accessible? I know some of the stages have started to be built etc but as the fence isn't up yet figured it would be ok so long as we stayed clear of the workers. Has anyone been recently or know if it's still possible?

Cheers!

The site is still open but there are signs asking people to stay away. Basically stay on the paths , stay away from anyone who is working, keep dogs on leads. You should be ok this weekend. It's starting to get very busy down there.

From next week I think you would just be viewed as being a pain in the arse, so do as you like but...

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Woffy said:

Walk all the way up the hill to where the Glastonbury sign will be, without turning round until you get to the top. Then turn round and ponder how it's gonna take ages to get back to the fucking car and wish you hadn't bothered. 

Alternatively, drive up. Handbrake turn at the top.

Went for a wander after, will upload some pictures later. It was surprising how quickly i got my bearing, actually.

I took some pictures which I'll upload in a bit but was awesome standing on the hill and seeing the difference between now and what it'll be like in 7 weeks time! (Apologies that one video is a little fast than the other)

Edited by DareToDibble

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Went for a wander after, will upload some pictures later. It was surprising how quickly i got my bearing, actually.

I took some pictures which I'll upload in a bit but was awesome standing on the hill and seeing the difference between now and what it'll be like in 7 weeks time! (Apologies that one video is a little fast than the other)

Ace. The Park tower really helps to ground things.