This forum is more addictive than crack

rumpola

This is gonna sound like I'm some kind of recovering addict, but as I haven't managed to secure a ticket to this years festival for the first time since 99 AND Radiohead are fucking headlining, I have been trying to stay away from here as I thought it would only be like someone rubbing salt and vinegar into already badly infected wounds.

I then decided to log in as im pretty drunk and thought maybe, just maybe there would be threads that aren't 100's of pages long and I could still get my Glastonbury fix without feeling 100% depressed that my chances of going this year are nearly zero.

Ed Sheeran? Meh. Foo Fighters? Not bad but theres bound to be better going on at that time. But Radiohead? My favourite band ever. That was always gonna hurt.

The thing that has got me more depressed than anything else is the emergence of the fucking Weather thread. It feels like I could easily get a meteorologist PHD because of the info ive gleaned from reading that bastard thread over the last 10 years.

Obviously, im gonna try my hardest to get a ticket for this years festival, but if if I dont, this is the first time in years, I would truly be jealous.

Rumpola, I'm in exactly the same position as you.

We secured tickets for four Glastonburys in a row (2007-2010) and loved every minute (obviously). Since then we've never managed to get close to a ticket. We now have a 5-year-old who's desperate to go and we'd love to do something like Wednesday-Friday with him, then drop him off at his grandparents and do the Saturday-Sunday by ourselves (with added misbehaviour). I'm desperate to see Radiohead in particular. But I'm resigned to the high likelihood that we will not get the tickets.

Still, if anyone else is out there and willing to help us try next month in the resale...

6 hours ago, SallyFaulknerStantonWarrio said:

All I am doing is staring at this forum, when I should be doing my PhD

Good luck with your PHD. Just remember E Fests and Glasto will continue where as you will probably never get another opportunity to do your PHD.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Good luck with your PHD. Just remember E Fests and Glasto will continue where as you will probably never get another opportunity to do your PHD.

What he's trying to say is that your PhD is a fleeting thing that will be over soon, whereas eFests is a longer term commitment and thus deserves more attention.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What he's trying to say is that your PhD is a fleeting thing that will be over soon, whereas eFests is a longer term commitment and thus deserves more attention.

A PhD on eFests, now that would be a qualification to go for.  My Cambridge-educated Dr of Psychology MrsCJ would be mightily happy for me to turn up qualified by that route... ha ha. I'm going to go for it.

12 hours ago, SallyFaulknerStantonWarrio said:

All I am doing is staring at this forum, when I should be doing my PhD

Maybe you could design a survey to help it along, then post it up here?  Alternatively, go and check out what's in your fridge... then come back and post about it.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

there's no fallow years for the banal. :P

In all seriousness, traffic is better in the fallow years. :)

Is it? I would never have expected that. Do you think It's because there's nothing to do but speculate and nothing gets confirmed so it goes on for longer? 

I can't recall what was discussed in 2012.

44 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is it? I would never have expected that. Do you think It's because there's nothing to do but speculate and nothing gets confirmed so it goes on for longer? 

I can't recall what was discussed in 2012.

he wasn't referring to the Glastonbury part of the site, but to 'neils hits' - which i know from other fallow years are better overall than Glasto years.

I'm guessing that's the result of more people having to do more research before settling on where they go.

Edited by eFestivals