Bath and west campsite

Pauladuncan70

Our group have a large campervan space on bath and west showground this year.  This is  my first glastonbury.   One pair have camper van and my husband and I are planning to bring our tent to pitch next to the van.  I have so many questions - do you think we will be able to arrive and pitch our tent on Wednesday if our friends with camper van don't come till Thursday?   And how many cars are allowed on the pitch ?  And are there proper toilets and showers there.  One of our party has celiac disease so is very keen for proper flushing toilets?   I can find little nfo about the camping experience there and I have written to glastonbury festival via their contact sheet but they haven't replied.  Getting super excited now x

On 3/18/2017 at 8:40 AM, Pauladuncan70 said:

Our group have a large campervan space on bath and west showground this year.  This is  my first glastonbury.   

Q. I have so many questions - do you think we will be able to arrive and pitch our tent on Wednesday if our friends with camper van don't come till Thursday?  

A. No, campervan or caravan is a requirement for entry. Perhaps you could pitch inside the festival on Wednesday?

Q. And how many cars are allowed on the pitch ?

A. Just the towing vehicle with a caravan or a campervan/motorhome, you will be directed to park elsewhere.

Q. And are there proper toilets and showers there.  

A.There are showers and flushing toilets in B&W.

Q.  I can find little info about the camping experience there and I have written to glastonbury festival. 

A. B&W was used for the first time last year, hence little information available.

Personally I would be aiming to get an East or West campervan pass to be closer to the festival. The loos are okay any you have to use them anyway when on-site. 

Have a read of these http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/  and http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq they should answer all your other questions, including the ones you haven't thought about yet! You will have a great time, this year is my 11th! :D

Edited by StoneCircle

We were directed there last year for the night, and from blurry memory, we parked on grass but just off the internal road system so I don't know how big the grassy area is.  However, in that area, there is at least one toilet and shower block - proper brick building etc., with water points just beyond.  We came in one corner, and then left via the other corner back to East Fields at 4.20am to get in.

Treat as though it's open fields, so take parking blocks for under the wheels, and a water barrel to get the water to your tanks, but you'll have showers and toilets.  You may have to join your friends on Thursday when they arrive, and get there by the shuttle bus.

Has your mate with coeliac been before?  There will be loads of food without gluten, but it's best asking at the stalls - bear in mind that some of the servers will be hired hands and won't know, but the boss should be there who can confirm ingredients. I would think Leon's at West Holts would be suitable for a start.  Maybe they should bring food along too for breakfast, as the food range at B&S will probably be limited.