Steel pint pots

Tables innit

They were sold a few places and a lot of the places I tried to have mine filled up refused to do it straight into the steel cup (I think for health and safety reasons) so they'd pour it into a paper cup first which defeated the point.

It's a great idea, I just think perhaps some tweaks need to be made. Which was the point in the trial last year.

20 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Surely, if nobody's had a drink out of it, they could just use the same paper cup over & over? 

18 minutes ago, Tables innit said:

True dat

What? Like they do with spirit measures in hipster bars that are too pretentious to use optics?

5 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

They were sold a few places and a lot of the places I tried to have mine filled up refused to do it straight into the steel cup (I think for health and safety reasons) so they'd pour it into a paper cup first which defeated the point.

It's a great idea, I just think perhaps some tweaks need to be made. Which was the point in the trial last year.

well I predicted what was going to happen before the event - part of what I wrote in the past

By the way it does not matter what cup you try to hand over to be refilled its the same situation

Bar Staff are instructed not to refill a Customers cup due to the problem that we cant be 100% certain its 100% clean - They also cant be sure the cup being handed has not been spiked so while the Customer can do what they want bar staff have to assume the worst and why there is standard instructions in many of the larger bars ' not to take the risk ' - Yes I know that some smaller bars may do this but they are not supposed to -

Now that instruction has been in place as long as I have been working in festival bars 

Many of the bars {although you wont spot them} have HD CCTV so its easy to spot if staff break that rule so they risk being sacked so they are not going to risk it,

once a cup is handed over - you as the customer can do what you want.

GFL rejected reusable cups many years ago { these cups are washed and reused the next year - they are in use at many festivals }  

If you were worried 'bout where
I been or who I saw or
What club I went to with my homies
Baby don't worry you know that you got me

If you were worried 'bout where
I been or who I saw or
What club I went to with my homies
Baby don't worry you know that you got me.....

9 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

One of the bar staff told us he wasn't allowed to pour into the steel cup because of advertising on the paper cups...not sure how true that is!

I'll absolutely be taking my steel cup with me, thought they were great. I think you can also order one before the festival to save trying to find a place that does them on site?

My "Steelie" is doing sterling service as my work water cooler receptacle. So it continues to save the planet by me not using the disposable plastic cups from the dispenser. (I know I should probably use tap water but I like my water like my music and my beer... chilled)

9 hours ago, Tables innit said:

Worked (amd managed) a few bars and never seen an optic for a pint.

Erm, what? Had you been at the spirits? I think you really missed my point there. That using the same paper cup over and over again to measure a pint and fill many steel cups (with beer), is akin to hipster bars using the same spirit measure over and over again to measure a shot and fill many glasses (with spirits, not beer, what on earth made you think I was talking about beer?)

Jeez, who let you run a bar ;)