Steel pint pots

Tables innit

When I went to green man they use plastic cups which you pay for (deposit kind of setup), and you can have a "fresh one" if you want each time (swap it out using existing deposit).  The benefit was reduced litter which was great, and the downside was having to carry a cup around with you at all times or you would lose your deposit. For me the benefits far outweigh the down side.

5 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

When I went to green man they use plastic cups which you pay for (deposit kind of setup), and you can have a "fresh one" if you want each time (swap it out using existing deposit).  The benefit was reduced litter which was great, and the downside was having to carry a cup around with you at all times or you would lose your deposit. For me the benefits far outweigh the down side.

They do this at Twickenham too, a few enterprising Kidd were going round collecting the discarded ones to make some easy cash.

2 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Did this at Bluedot too, didn't seem possible to get you £1 mind but you were given a special Bluedot cup at the end.....we ended up collecting an assortment of colours/designs over the weekend as people were throwing them away :blink:

We now have a fine plastic cup collection lol so will be bringing a few of these and my steel cup again this year :)

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Erm, what? Had you been at the spirits? I think you really missed my point there. That using the same paper cup over and over again to measure a pint and fill many steel cups (with beer), is akin to hipster bars using the same spirit measure over and over again to measure a shot and fill many glasses (with spirits, not beer, what on earth made you think I was talking about beer?)

Jeez, who let you run a bar ;)

Very much lost in translation that. Soz.

Cambridge Folk Festival also have plastic cups and festival tankards that you may re-use.  They refill them for you and ask if you want them rinsed.  If you are in a hurry they will pour straight into the cup, grass and insects in them and all.

Are these other festivals less fussy about health and safety?  I never had any problems.  Agree with others that it is defeating the purpose if you cannot re-use a re-usable cup....

20 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

:lol:

Really got to laugh now at the annual dissection/whingefest that occurs after the festival every year. Still waiting for one to equal a post I saw about Beautiful Days when someone was complaining about some kids' use of a bubble gun though!