Wed 12 April -  LLANDUDNO Venue Cymru
Thu 13 April - BIRMINGHAM 02 Academy  
Sat 15 April - NEWPORT, Newport Centre
Sun 16 April - SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, Cliffs Pavillion
Tue 18 April   LONDON, The Forum
Wed 19 April - LONDON, The Forum
Thu 20 April -  LONDON, The Forum
Sat 22 April  - DUBLIN, Olympia

Source: http://radiox.co.uk/artists/kasabian/news/confirm-album-title-for-cyring-out-loud-tour/#yrBZqt8zKP5MOqlV.99

Just pre-ordered the album to get access to the presale for this tour 

Just now, dj matt james said:

very underwhelmed by the new tune - hopefully the album will deliver. Thought that Kasabian have always put on a good show at glastonbury. The LSF sing-a-long in 2009 went on for hours

And then Springsteen had to one-up them by making his set last for days.

• 3 weeks later...

Not of want to bring negative vibes, but this new album... it's gonna be the confirmation of a decline for Kasabian isn't it?

The reaction to them releasing music and touring again and headlining festivals has been heavily muted and I think even a lot of fans have been thrown off by the lead single - I would have completely forgotten they were back if it wasn't for that album cover.

Maybe the tide has just changed and they weren't the new Oasis after all but the placeholder for the next one; I don't have to mention them by name but I'm sure you'll all agree that Kasabian deserve a place in the world much more than they do.

Wouldn't mind being wrong as Kasabian are pretty harmless and often hilarious but it's something that's plagued my mind. Seem to have picked an alright week to release it tho if Ed's not still no. 1.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm not really a fan anymore but like dental I agree they're good to have around for a laugh and don't actively wish their demise. Assuming there's not a hit on the new album that'll be 3 albums in a row and 8 years since their last truly big album and has anyone really cared a great deal about the albums since then? I think they'll still headline festivals, though more TRNSMT/TITP and V than Glastonbury, but they've definitely peaked a few years ago at this point. They were always just that level below stadiums so it was nice for them to get the Leicester gigs last summer I guess. I feel the same way about a few of the big British rock bands of the last 10-15 years, with Biffy being the obvious one with them already playing lower down at Glastonbury. I think Mumfords are clearly going through the same thing and to an extent Muse will too.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I feel the same way about a few of the big British rock bands of the last 10-15 years, with Biffy being the obvious one with them already playing lower down at Glastonbury. I think Mumfords are clearly going through the same thing and to an extent Muse will too.

I think there's a number of reasons for this, for one a lot of these acts simply aren't groundbreaking enough or when they do hit the heights, aren't consistent enough. It's just more of the same, or worse, each time. That and the fact that the more festivals and big gigs these bands do, the less an event each one becomes. See too the Manics; one time Pyramid headliners, now something like 3rd down on Other. The likes of Kasabian, Mumfords etc will follow suit. 

27 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I think there's a number of reasons for this, for one a lot of these acts simply aren't groundbreaking enough or when they do hit the heights, aren't consistent enough. It's just more of the same, or worse, each time. That and the fact that the more festivals and big gigs these bands do, the less an event each one becomes. See too the Manics; one time Pyramid headliners, now something like 3rd down on Other. The likes of Kasabian, Mumfords etc will follow suit. 

The 1975 seem destined to be the next band that become regular headliners and to be fair to them as much as they're maligned on here they certainly have a lot more about them than Kasabian or Mumfords ever did. It'll be interesting to see even in just 5 years time if there's been any major changes.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not really a fan anymore but like dental I agree they're good to have around for a laugh and don't actively wish their demise. Assuming there's not a hit on the new album that'll be 3 albums in a row and 8 years since their last truly big album and has anyone really cared a great deal about the albums since then? I think they'll still headline festivals, though more TRNSMT/TITP and V than Glastonbury, but they've definitely peaked a few years ago at this point. They were always just that level below stadiums so it was nice for them to get the Leicester gigs last summer I guess. I feel the same way about a few of the big British rock bands of the last 10-15 years, with Biffy being the obvious one with them already playing lower down at Glastonbury. I think Mumfords are clearly going through the same thing and to an extent Muse will too.

Biffy and Kasabian are always the two that never looked like getting to Wembley or Emirates we'll say, Mumford made it to Hyde Park to be fair. I won't be shocked to see Kasabian as a sub on the 50th Anniversary year, and I also agree Muse aren't close to the level they were.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

In fairness, the time difference between Manics topping festivals and not is huge compared to the time between Kasabian and Mumford. Mumford is and shocker this year tbh and you can see in the lineup at Latitude they have still had to pay fair wack to get them.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

The 1975 seem destined to be the next band that become regular headliners and to be fair to them as much as they're maligned on here they certainly have a lot more about them than Kasabian or Mumfords ever did. It'll be interesting to see even in just 5 years time if there's been any major changes.

I disagree here, The 1975 have fuck all about then compared to Kasabian and I'm not a huge Kasabian fan....more of a late fan to be honest.