The Kasabian Thread

plaskins

Fuck Ed Sheeran's thread, he's shit.

Kasabian are also shit.... on efests. Apparently new music from these guys being played on XFM tomorrow. Anyone else looking forward to this? Thought the were great in 2014, but I am a fanboy.

Sorry if not Glasto 2017 related. But thought I'd give a heads up

Edit: Radio X, XFM doesn't exist no more - I need to get with the times!

Edited by plaskins

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

https://m.vk.com/wall-74770766_8256

new songs here. I used to be really into them but saw them loads in 2014 and I don't think I've really listened to them since, can't see that changing anytime soon. 

Thanks for the link, I couldn't use search for it myself cos we're bein' watched by Google...

Edit, found the tune. I'll have to give it a few more spins, but initial thoughts are disappointing.So much for saving the guitar based music quote from Serge :rofl:

Maybe that's the rest of the alboom? 

Edited by plaskins

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Tbh.... I quite like that tune.

Not what I expected.

Well yeah, I like bits of it. Only on 3rd play now. But Eez-eh really grew on me, maybe this one will be similar.

I like how it starts and the verses, chorus is just a bit too Culture Club for me.. Something isn't screaming Kasabian for me. Just wish the chorus was there

4 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Well yeah, I like bits of it. Only on 3rd play now. But Eez-eh really grew on me, maybe this one will be similar.

I like how it starts and the verses, chorus is just a bit too Culture Club for me.. Something isn't screaming Kasabian for me. Just wish the chorus was there

Agreed. I thought they'd gone stale. This is hardly groundbreaking, but a nice departure IMO

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Agreed. I thought they'd gone stale. This is hardly groundbreaking, but a nice departure IMO

Maybe just expected something a bit more 'in yer face', say, as a preview/first release from the new lp. Maybe a nice departure, but maybe forgettable?

Time will tell I guess, fingers crossed for a banger or two on the album. You know. the good 'ol Kababian 

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They haven't done anything I was genuinely excited about since the first album. Not that I didnt like a Empire and West Ryder, but they were just decent enough albums.

I was propper into Velocirapotor tbh. Empire was a bit meh, and West Ryder a bit better.

Got the chorus to the new one in my head now :rolleyes: Typical, Leicester win the league, Lead singer had a breakdown, now here we are.

Album April 28. Intimate tour:

Wed 12 April -  LLANDUDNO Venue Cymru
Thu 13 April - BIRMINGHAM 02 Academy  
Sat 15 April - NEWPORT, Newport Centre
Sun 16 April - SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, Cliffs Pavillion
Tue 18 April   LONDON, The Forum
Wed 19 April - LONDON, The Forum
Thu 20 April -  LONDON, The Forum
Sat 22 April  - DUBLIN, Olympia

Source: http://radiox.co.uk/artists/kasabian/news/confirm-album-title-for-cyring-out-loud-tour/#yrBZqt8zKP5MOqlV.99