The Ed Sheeran thread

russycarps

Just returned from fulfilling a lifetime ambition to go to New Orleans for Jazz Fest. Every aspect of it was wonderful excepting that, even there in the cradle of Jazz and Blues, I regularly overheard the music of Ed.

Cab radios, cafes and hotel lobbies were filled with his dulcet tones. His worldwide domination is complete.

In all other respects the music of N'Orleans was brilliant. Who couldn't enjoy street music consisting, in one example, of a rapper, a tuba player and a drummer using upturned plastic containers? I heard sounds from poor street musicians of a quality so far beyond the corporate pop shite that most people now consider music that it was almost galactically incomparable. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my 8 year old son to watch Ed Sheeran on Monday at the O2 (he's a massive fan) - not my bag in the slightest but I have to give him credit - he is very good live and has great interaction with his fans.  I def won't be watching him in June, but I think he is a worthy headliner and will do a good job, he is same demographic as Coldplay/Mumfords and there are a hell of a lot of Glastonbury-goers who love all that... I had a terrible experience watching Mumford & Sons in 2013 mainly due to completely destroying myself on the Saturday night and being too weak to resist my friend who wanted to watch them. It was an awful dreary end to a brilliant year! But, it was rammed and people seemed to be loving it, as they will with Mr Sheeran.  

He seems like a nice guy and I liked that he did that Kurupt FM thing for Comic Relief - maybe they will come on as one of his guests! 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

my group want to see ed, but also get a good spot which is messing with my moderat / justice plan.

Do people think it will be Adele busy? ( i wasnt there but everyone says it was jam packed). 

I reckon I'll be at Justice on my own as my group will want to see Ed.

8 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

my group want to see ed, but also get a good spot which is messing with my moderat / justice plan.

Do people think it will be Adele busy? ( i wasnt there but everyone says it was jam packed). 

Yep it'll be extremely busy, especially with the acts seemingly going up against him thus far.

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I also think Justice will be much busier than otherwise. This board isn't a great indication, but plenty want to see them vs the alternatives.

There will be plenty of sheep, like m,e last year I didn't want to see Cold Play, and as I was tired and everyone else was going . i went along,

by the time Sunday night comes along I ant an easy life

53 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

47 minutes ago, payneruk said:

I reckon I'll be at Justice on my own as my group will want to see Ed.

this does sound like you two should get together leave your friends and enjoy west holts. Maybe you will get along so well you will get married in 2019 and honeymoon at Glastonbury.

there I have drawn back my bow

51 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

this does sound like you two should get together leave your friends and enjoy west holts. Maybe you will get along so well you will get married in 2019 and honeymoon at Glastonbury.

there I have drawn back my bow

Yeeeaahh. Don't think the bf would be happy lol

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If he's watching Ed Sheeran, he deserves the heartache!

He'll be at home. Works at a school so can't take weekdays off. So doesn't try for tickets anymore. Even though I keep saying he should go just for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...