rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

You’re not in the joke thread anymore.

i can do jokes about the reading and leeds acts and if an act drops out just get me a slot.

Not as a pyramid headliner, but what are the chances of Ozzy Osbourne showing up somewhere? Apparently he's retiring so it would make sense to do it next year. Other Stage headliner perhaps? I know he's more suitable for Download but I'd say he's significant enough to for Glasto to make an exception...

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not as a pyramid headliner, but what are the chances of Ozzy Osbourne showing up somewhere? Apparently he's retiring so it would make sense to do it next year. Other Stage headliner perhaps? I know he's more suitable for Download but I'd say he's significant enough to for Glasto to make an exception...

I don’t think Glastonbury is significant enough for Sharon to make an exception.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, zahidf said:

i think last time they played, they were massively late on stage because they were watching the World cup

that would have been the France-Brazil penalty shootout of 86, not 95. I wasn't at Worthy Farm that saturday night, but was in the Milton Keynes Bowl watching a Glasgow band that subbed them on the Pyramid 9 years later. 

6 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Don't think she will headline but see Ariana Grande has a new single out.

Think she must be inline for a high spot.

It's a shame she wasn't on the line-up last year. I think after the One Love gig in Manchester, a Glasto appearance would have been quite special with a huge crowd. 

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can totally see Ariana Grande getting booked. Not as a headline though. 

Strong sub in this day and age, I think, and not even strictly to a massive pop headliner. Very much of the Biffy Clyro/XX/Foals level (obviously not music-wise) - enough sales, recognition and currency to be a very strong sub, but perhaps a shade below headliner.

Really not sure who to lean on as my picks now. Still gunning for The 1975 and AM to be two options within the next two festivals - and that they will do R+L in the others.

If AM willing to wait for that 50th Anniversary date, then:

2019: The 1975, ???, ???
2020: ???, Arctic Monkeys, ???

I really want to think that there's only a maximum of two former headliners in the next six. I know that the expectation of size for a Glasto headliner has gone through the roof since 2011, but plenty of strong shouts who may not be stadium-fillers to play. (See earlier in post, tbh. These are the sort of sales, if adjusting for the times, that would have been the mark a decade and  a half ago).

20 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Strong sub in this day and age, I think, and not even strictly to a massive pop headliner. Very much of the Biffy Clyro/XX/Foals level (obviously not music-wise) - enough sales, recognition and currency to be a very strong sub, but perhaps a shade below headliner.

Really not sure who to lean on as my picks now. Still gunning for The 1975 and AM to be two options within the next two festivals - and that they will do R+L in the others.

If AM willing to wait for that 50th Anniversary date, then:

2019: The 1975, ???, ???
2020: ???, Arctic Monkeys, ???

I really want to think that there's only a maximum of two former headliners in the next six. I know that the expectation of size for a Glasto headliner has gone through the roof since 2011, but plenty of strong shouts who may not be stadium-fillers to play. (See earlier in post, tbh. These are the sort of sales, if adjusting for the times, that would have been the mark a decade and  a half ago).

Why would they wait?, it's a 3rd year of touring and why would Glasto want it 3 years later. Muse is probably the only headliner of recent times at all to play the year after covering another English festival and even at that it was a niche festival.