2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Janet Jackson 2019 legends slot?

I was saying about it the other day, Janet Jackson is probably a little bit too new to be a legend slot candidate. If I’m not mistaken, we haven’t even had anyone who peaked in the 80’s yet, let alone 90’s. Could still get her in for a slot somewhere tho I’m sure.

Thats a turd of a lineup by the way.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was saying about it the other day, Janet Jackson is probably a little bit too new to be a legend slot candidate. If I’m not mistaken, we haven’t even had anyone who peaked in the 80’s yet, let alone 90’s. Could still get her in for a slot somewhere tho I’m sure.

Thats a turd of a lineup by the way.

One hell of a come down on the last two years, jeez 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/02/spice-girls-reunion

Says here that they're not reforming for any kind of live performance or recordings and instead for another greatest hits album and other various media appearances and promotions. Seems like it's Victoria and her entirely self away lack of singing ability that's holding back a proper reformation. Maybe a few one off shows but seems kind of odd when one of the stipulations of the reformation is that one of the group will not sing.

The reality of them on the Pyramid wouldn't be good. The last reunion tour was ropey af, they don't want that going out on the telly, and they don't want to be at Glastonbury in the middle of the daytime with no special effects to fall back on. Not that it matters anyway, but all their songs are naff as shit, which I'd never realised having been an actual single digits aged child when they were active. Mel C's catalogue isn't completely barren of low-key bangers if you care enough to sift through quite a bit of filler tho.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haven't seen the halftime show yet, couldn't find a decent stream

Is that a please can we not have him... or do you secretly want him to play? I think he'd smash the pyramid

It was on YouTube immediately ya fool!

But aye I was of the mind that he's a strong possibility for 2019. I'll let you make your own mind up about the performance.

I'm a big JT fan and have been hoping he'd be given a Pyramid headline slot, but his new album and that Superbowl show have been a total mess. If anything I'd say it makes him more of a realistic possibility as I've no doubt that this current campaign has killed off a bit of the 'untouchable mega star' tag he's had until now and could probably do with the exposure of something like a Pyramid headline slot. Not to say he's gonna fade in to obscurity - it's still Justin Timberlake - but I definitely think that the new album is gonna fall off pretty quickly. Not a banger in sight.

Edited by FloorFiller

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm a big JT fan and have been hoping he'd be given a Pyramid headline slot, but his new album and that Superbowl show have been a total mess. If anything I'd say it makes him more of a realistic possibility as I've no doubt that this current campaign has killed off a bit of the 'untouchable mega star' tag he's had until now and could probably do with the exposure of something like a Pyramid headline slot. Not to say he's gonna fade in to obscurity - it's still Justin Timberlake - but I definitely think that the new album is gonna fall off pretty quickly. Not a banger in sight.

I dunno about him previously being an untouchable megastar but yeah he’s surely losing some of his appeal here. Proper naff shit last night.