2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

decent early shout.

It'll be interesting to see what dates his tour extends across.

Hasn’t he toured around Glastonbury time the past few years. I wonder if he’s really wanted to do it... I guess this would be their last chance to get him if the reports are true

26 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

so one of the main bookers has said to me more than once, they tend not to ask the biggest acts to play* and hope those biggest acts will come to them - so perhaps that's what's gone on here?

(* because they feel its a bit cheeky to ask them to come and play on the cheap.).

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Communards headlined way back in the mists of time, didn't they? 

Google tells me the Saturday of 1987. I was there, I don't have a feckin' clue. :lol:

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess Michael Stipe wasn't really out when REM topped the bill.

yeah, defo wasn't out.

Morrisey with The Smiths in '84?

Sinead O'Connor in '90.

(apols if I've got any headliners wrong. i used this for easy reference).

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Regarding the Stormzy suggestion from Dental, I think he'd need an album out before the end of this year to make him possible for 2019. Dunno if that'll happen but I'd imagine his next release won't be out that soon. I'd say he's more likely for 2020 / the near future.

Yup, I did concede that it’d likely be a bit too early but he’s one with it in his future, probably.

Now that Kendrick is all but guaranteed for Reading and Leeds this year, he’s got a pretty clear shot at doing 2019, if the fee agrees with him.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yup, I did concede that it’d likely be a bit too early but he’s one with it in his future, probably.

Now that Kendrick is all but guaranteed for Reading and Leeds this year, he’s got a pretty clear shot at doing 2019, if the fee agrees with him.

Aye the only thing is whether he's still gonna be touring DAMN. by then, or have a new album out. Could see 2020 working better for him.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye the only thing is whether he's still gonna be touring DAMN. by then, or have a new album out. Could see 2020 working better for him.

He could do it whilst not having an album he's officially touring tbh. Yeezy did it. He's released an album each of the last three years though so maybe he will have one anyway.

Just now, dentalplan said:

He could do it whilst not having an album he's officially touring tbh. Yeezy did it. He's released an album each of the last three years though so maybe he will have one anyway.

Yeah true, think it'd be a better booking if they wait until his next release, mind.

And aye that is true but he's got that Black Panther soundtrack coming, hasn't he? Can't see him releasing another album on top of that by Glasto 2019.

Regardless of any of this I'll still be hoping for him over anyone, on either of the two years, so be my guest Eavii.

14 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Wasn't The Life of Pablo/ SWISH/ So Help me God/ whatever it was called then meant to be released before Glastonbury?

I mean, yeah, but he didn't have like a full tour outlined for it or anything so I'm not so sure.

22 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah true, think it'd be a better booking if they wait until his next release, mind.

And aye that is true but he's got that Black Panther soundtrack coming, hasn't he? Can't see him releasing another album on top of that by Glasto 2019.

Regardless of any of this I'll still be hoping for him over anyone, on either of the two years, so be my guest Eavii.

He's not doing the whole soundtrack - he's producing it and no doubt dropping some verses in on a few of the tracks. It just seems to me like he's playing late summer festivals this year and he's frequently touring so it makes sense to come back for early summer 2019.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pretty sure Morrissey is a straight man who queerbaits for attention.

Moby headlined, so he'd be the first solo gay headliner. Also Arcade Fire's most important member Owen Pallett. So no, Elton Would not be the first.

Moby's not gay, well at least not openly. 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/nov/26/moby-i-was-disappointed-to-be-heterosexual

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

Huh. Well that is odd. Seen him associate in loads of LGBT stuff and assumed he was.

What a weird to comment to make, disappointed being heterosexual.