rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Yeah was about to say I think Jamie xx is the most likely for a modern (as opposed to the likes of Chems) dance headliner for the Other Stage in 2019.

Hopefully NIN are around again that Summer to do it.

20 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Hopefully NIN are around again that Summer to do it.

I could get on board with this a lot more than the 1975 that's for sure...

I've been obsessively checking the dates of late. A little tempted by tickets to the gig in Berlin, but waiting on in case they turn up in the UK. Surely they will...right?

Tame Impala being rumoured for the festival circuit in 2019 already

If they were to return to Glastonbury, do you think they'd be an other headliner? Or do you think they'd probably headline reading instead and not do Glastonbury? 

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tame Impala being rumoured for the festival circuit in 2019 already

If they were to return to Glastonbury, do you think they'd be an other headliner? Or do you think they'd probably headline reading instead and not do Glastonbury? 

Headline Bestival/Latitude/APE I would say.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Headline Bestival/Latitude/APE I would say.

Surely they are getting to the stage where they are bigger than that now? Their last album was massive and I Imagine the next will be even bigger

Edited by Matt42

On 1/13/2018 at 2:44 PM, Matt42 said:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=40786

nothing interesting but disclosure have confirmed Wildlife is taking a break and coming back in 2019. So with a new album I imagine disclosure could be back in 2019. Not sure where they would place on the lineup now though unless it was an other stage headliner repeat 

not sure it's saying that, it's saying Disclosure are taking a break from Wild Life. The way it's worded leaves the possibility open of the festival returning without them.

Primavera Sound booked for the end of May, and then Mad Cool in July.

Will probably work Bestival again if they have a half-decent lineup. Will be interesting to see how that one works out, with it moving to August.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Surely they are getting to the stage where they are bigger than that now? Their last album was massive and I Imagine the next will be even bigger

It gave them a huge boost yeah but I wouldn’t go as far as to say they’re gonna headline 90k cap festivals next year. There are plenty of acts bigger that’d be in the queue to headline before them.

2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Primavera Sound booked for the end of May, and then Mad Cool in July.

Will probably work Bestival again if they have a half-decent lineup. Will be interesting to see how that one works out, with it moving to August.

Don't know how this ended up in this thread. Was supposed to go in the 2018 replacement thread. Oh well...

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but are Depeche Mode a possibility for 2019?

probably not.

They're touring this year, and they tend to not like touring for a year, so they're likely to be recording or having time off next year.

Not impossible of course, but doesn't look particularly likely with how things stand at the moment.

Just now, eFestivals said:

probably not.

They're touring this year, and they tend to not like touring for a year, so they're likely to be recording or having time off next year.

Not impossible of course, but doesn't look particularly likely with how things stand at the moment.

Ahh okay, cheers.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but are Depeche Mode a possibility for 2019?

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

probably not.

They also toured last Summer, didn't they? Making next Summer even less likely.

Didnt read the whole thread... but has anyone mentioned Florence? Shes putting out a new album this year. 

My dream headliners would be Daft Punk, Florence, & Fleetwood Mac. 

Dont worry... i know its only a dream. 

Edited by MetaKate