2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The only slot Stereophonics could hope for is something like third down the Pyramid, but even that seems a reach after years of not being booked. Maybe they could also be the secret Other opener as to not take up a proper slot. They'd be ideal for that.

I'm not too convinced on U2 returning, although their last headline slot was far from a triumph so they may want to amend that.

Don't think Kendrick will be at Glastonbury for a long while. Reading/Leeds next year - possibly Glastonbury come the next album, although more likely further down the road.

Sam Smith seems like the obvious choice following on from Adele and Ed Sheeran, although he'd be a pretty shit choice aye.

I could still imagine him being booked for G19, it wouldn't be the first time Glastonbury have had a R&L headliner the year after them IIRC.

32 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I could still imagine him being booked for G19, it wouldn't be the first time Glastonbury have had a R&L headliner the year after them IIRC.

It’s not so much that he won’t book him the year after him having done Reading/Leeds - I just think don’t think they’ll look to book him at all for a few years now. 

19 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Why not? At the moment he is the biggest rap artist in the world and I don't think that's likely to change. He is one of the artists that imo can do no wrong. Like Jack White, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys etc every album he's put out has been great.

Which was the case for Kanye for pretty much his entire career yet he wasn't booked to headline quite a bit further down the line than Kendrick is at now (and Kanye had a bigger string of genuine hits early on, too). I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think Glastonbury will book Kendrick until he's a genuine household name over here which he's a short way off just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Given this a bit of thought. I reckon something like this in terms of Pyramid headliners and subs:

Friday: Drake, Chvrches

Saturday: Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy

Sunday: U2, The Strokes

I know The Stokes is possibly a bit of a long shot (heard they're too expensive to play that slot) but it'd be a great booking if it happened. A bit of wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

On 09/11/2017 at 9:28 PM, Madyaker said:

Sam Smith is not on Adele's or Ed's level either artistically or in terms of popularity imo but I guess a lot hinges on the next album. I already know what it's going to sound like and that's not a good sign is it?

More posts need to be written like this. It's just so inclusive, it works for both extremes.

Those who think Sam Smith is good but not as good as Adele or Ed.

and those who think he is utter garbage but not as shite as Adele or Ed

genius work