2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Seem to remember Emily Eavis saying years ago (2014?) that Glastonbury HQ didn't see Biffy as a headliner - and given that they've noticeably shrunk since that statement, they might even be counting themselves lucky to sub these days. Certainly wouldn't be that outrageous to say they're less of a big deal now than when they played third down in 2011, although then again that placement was probably harsh at the time.

Edited by Zac Quinn

16 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

Are you mad? Emily only said a few weeks ago they're headline material. How can you say they're getting smaller. They're getting bigger as each album is released. They'll tear up the pyramid in the sub headline spot this year, which will then prove they're worthy headline contenders for 2019. They're one of the best live bands out there at the moment. They've also headlined T in the park, isle of wight, and R&L twice. Underestimate them at your peril!!

It breaks my heart to say this but....they're utter dog droppings, Bob.

• Downvote 1

The Courteeners are nowhere near as big as Biffy, jeeez that statement made me weep a little.

Also on the thing about Biffy getting smaller, the next album will need to be a biggie if they're ever going to headline Glasto. Personally I hope they do.

Alsooooooooooooooo can we talk about why they're not headlining the other stage at the same time as Ed? That would have been so much better. It'll be a bit crap before ed

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Courteeners have the whole Northern thing on their side, though, which Biffy can't hope to compete with.

Biffy have the whole Scottish thing on their side, though, which the Courteeners can't hope to compete with.

Unfortunately, though, the festival isn't in Manchester nor Scotland. Maybe if they were one of them could headline 

Edited by Steve1000

Kendrick Lamar
Arctic Monkeys
Pulp

acts taking big slots; Queens of the Stone Age, Vampire Weekend, Disclosure, Ariana Grande, Diana Ross, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Skepta, Bastille.

Reckon the year off will weaken the lineup pulling power a bit, also incredibly hard to predict placings 2 years in advance.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick Lamar
Arctic Monkeys
Pulp

acts taking big slots; Queens of the Stone Age, Vampire Weekend, Disclosure, Ariana Grande, Diana Ross, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Skepta, Bastille.

Reckon the year off will weaken the lineup pulling power a bit, also incredibly hard to predict placings 2 years in advance.

Queens followed by Kendrick would be unreal

• Upvote 2

On 06/06/2017 at 9:04 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Courteeners may not have Biggy's record sales or headline sets, but they loom large in terms of personality and charisma.  They've got heart and that's where it counts.

Essentially the Robbie Savage of the rock world then? 

57 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Queens followed by Kendrick would be unreal

had QOSTA, Vampire Weekend and Disclosure as subs in my mind but of course everything can change

Kendrick
QOTSA

Arctic Monkeys
Vampire Weekend

Pulp
Disclosure

would be a sick top billing imo... not too over ambitious either.

(of course I'm aware Pulp have to reform first).

Just now, Matt42 said:

had QOSTA, Vampire Weekend and Disclosure as subs in my mind but of course everything can change

Kendrick
QOTSA

Arctic Monkeys
Vampire Weekend

Pulp
Disclosure

would be a sick top billing imo... not too over ambitious either.

(of course I'm aware Pulp have to reform first).

Got a feeling Disclosure may have fucked it with their second album. They're not gonna go tumbling down lineups, but definitely can't see them subbing the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a feeling Disclosure may have fucked it with their second album. They're not gonna go tumbling down lineups, but definitely can't see them subbing the Pyramid.

I agree - I was just trying to think of subs... but that's quite hard for a festival 2 years in advance.

If Disclosure keep at the level they are at right now I reckon they could sub - if they released another banger I could see it working relatively well.

I'm liking the fact that my Pulp prediction isn't being shot down, we should keep the faith alive!

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I agree - I was just trying to think of subs... but that's quite hard for a festival 2 years in advance.

If Disclosure keep at the level they are at right now I reckon they could sub - if they released another banger I could see it working relatively well.

I'm liking the fact that my Pulp prediction isn't being shot down, we should keep the faith alive!

It'd be lovely and that, Matthew, but it won't happen. It'll be Beyonce.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick Lamar
Arctic Monkeys
Pulp

Wait, what?

Is there something you know?