2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

On 17/03/2017 at 10:05 PM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah no way are Biffy Clyro headlining in 2019. Glastonbury has made comments about them being too small to do it in the past and they're only getting smaller.

Are you mad? Emily only said a few weeks ago they're headline material. How can you say they're getting smaller. They're getting bigger as each album is released. They'll tear up the pyramid in the sub headline spot this year, which will then prove they're worthy headline contenders for 2019. They're one of the best live bands out there at the moment. They've also headlined T in the park, isle of wight, and R&L twice. Underestimate them at your peril!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

Are you mad? Emily only said a few weeks ago they're headline material. How can you say they're getting smaller. They're getting bigger as each album is released. They'll tear up the pyramid in the sub headline spot this year, which will then prove they're worthy headline contenders for 2019. They're one of the best live bands out there at the moment. They've also headlined T in the park, isle of wight, and R&L twice. Underestimate them at your peril!!

As much as I hate peril, I think Biffy can be wiped off the future headliner list. They're absolutely not getting bigger on each album and are getting smaller as every year passes since Only Revolutions. I reckon Download will be their last major headline slot in the UK.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

As much as I hate peril, I think Biffy can be wiped off the future headliner list. They're absolutely not getting bigger on each album and are getting smaller as every year passes since Only Revolutions. I reckon Download will be their last major headline slot in the UK.

Wouldn't necessarily write them off but can see much merit in TRNSMT being their final headline slot of the major UK festival circuit. Shame, as they really would have been one that could have torn down the Pyramid. Great live prowess.

6 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Everyone best avoid Dental at Glasto, he's only gone & cursed himself 

Duly noted.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

So you're saying they peaked at only reveloutions? That's a laughable statement. Opposites is what made them headliners. which is the Album after only reveloutions. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Bob said:

So you're saying they peaked at only reveloutions? That's a laughable statement. Opposites is what made them headliners. which is the Album after only reveloutions. 

They were announced as Reading headliners less than a week after Opposites came out, so I'm fairly confident they were booked for their first major headline slot off the back of Only Revolutions. And rightly so because they were one of the UK's biggest bands at that point, but the songs from the two latest albums haven't done anything to keep them there and now they're back in non-headline slots.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

Emily also said the courteeners were headline material. That is never happening. 

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They were announced as Reading headliners less than a week after Opposites came out, so I'm fairly confident they were booked for their first major headline slot off the back of Only Revolutions. And rightly so because they were one of the UK's biggest bands at that point, but the songs from the two latest albums haven't done anything to keep them there and now they're back in non-headline slots.

And since then they've headlined every major festival in the U.K apart from glasto. We'll have to agree to disagree on this but you will be proved wrong. 

Sorry can't let it lie just yet. And "back in non headline slots"??? They headlined reading last year, and they're headlining trnsmt and download this year. It's hardly Back in non headline slots is it?. Yes they're subbing at glasto but it's still further up the bill than (argueably) the biggest female pop star in the world Katy perry. And please don't put biffy in the same category as courteeners. They're leagues above them. 

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Courteeners are a stadium act, mate.  Bigger than The Biffies.

Ha ha. What stadiums do they play? Biffy have had more albums, sold more albums, had better chart positions and Played bigger gigs than  Courteeners.

Biffy Facebook likes 940k

courteeners- 177k

biffy twitter followers 245k

courtneeners 89k

some might scoff at me using Facebook and twitter as a gauge the size of a band but in this day and age it's a true gauge. There's no comparison here. Whatever facts we're using to measure, Biffy come out on top every time. 

15 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

courteeners- 177k

courtneeners 89k

some might scoff at me using Facebook and twitter as a gauge the size of a band but in this day and age it's a true gauge. 

Pitbull has more twitter followers than all of this year's trio put together. Jessie J has three times as many as the Foo Fighters. Literally means nothing except as an indicator of what demos your music is targeted at. :lol:

21 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Pitbull has more twitter followers than all of this year's trio put together. Jessie J has three times as many as the Foo Fighters. Literally means nothing except as an indicator of what demos your music is targeted at. :lol:

Yeah I know that. I didn't just use Facebook likes and twitter followers tho did I? Biffy have sold more albums and headlined more festivals than courteeners. The statement was "courteeners are bigger than Biffy" which is complete and utter bo**cks.!! 

1 minute ago, Chicken Bob said:

Yeah I know that. I didn't just use Facebook likes and twitter followers tho did I? Biffy have sold more albums and headlined more festivals than courteeners. The statement was "courteeners are bigger than Biffy" which is complete and utter bo**cks.!! 

He was joking.

And Biffy are never headlining Glasto. If they weren't on the slide now they wouldn't have taken a sub slot at Glasto as it'll only hurt their chances of headlining in the future. Its the biggest indicator we've had so far they're losing stock in the eyes of festival bookers.

They also co-headlined R&L last year with Fall Out Boy, 3 years after headlining it outright. They're getting smaller.

1 hour ago, Chicken Bob said:

Ha ha. What stadiums do they play? Biffy have had more albums, sold more albums, had better chart positions and Played bigger gigs than  Courteeners.

courteeners- 177k

courtneeners 89k

some might scoff at me using Facebook and twitter as a gauge the size of a band but in this day and age it's a true gauge. There's no comparison here. Whatever facts we're using to measure, Biffy come out on top every time. 

Those measures mean absolutely nothing. New Order have 1.5 million facebook likes and they headlined the Other stage last year.

1 hour ago, Chicken Bob said:

courteeners- 177k

courtneeners 89k

The Courteeners have been on Soccer AM more times.