2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not a (Pyramid) headliner but does anyone think My Bloody Valentine will play next year? What slot? I'm thinking maybe they'll headline either Park or John Peel?

Really hope so. Running out of Pyramid headliners I really want them to book (can only really think of Kendrick as a realistic possibility), so looking for some special ones on the lower stages. MBV on Park/JP would definitely be near the top of my wishlist, and I think headlining one of those stages is the only slot for them, really.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Pale Waves opening the Pyramid Stage?

I only did the first 6 on the Pyramid, so Pale Waves wouldn't be opening it no.

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Grimes subbing JP despite having headlined the Park Stage in 2016?

Yeah guess Grimes may be a bit low, but I'd have thought JP sub is somewhat of a sideways step from Sunday night Park headliner, not a lesser slot.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ah I see. I think Sam Smith probably fell short of jumping to headliner and subbing is a good shout now. Paramore isn’t, IMO; there’s a reason they only play R+L.

Still can’t believe that.

this brings back great memories of people on here seriously claiming that Bring Me The Horizon were Other Stage headliner level in 2016.

e: just saw Bisque's post :lol:

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

this brings back great memories of people on here seriously claiming that Bring Me The Horizon were Other Stage headliner level in 2016.

e: just saw Bisque's post :lol:

I loved their set in 2016 but agree they are not headliners for either stage. Their placing was just right in my opinion. 

I do think it'll finally be the year fer Fleetwood Mac next time. Mick Fleetwood was hooting about it in autumn, and this big farewell tour was supposed to start in June this year but looks to be postponed a wee bit so there's little chance of them shutting up shop before June 2019. Couldn't give much of a toss personally but I think that'll be the saga for next year.