2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

27 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Guys, quick question on Glasto, so ive actually never gone to glasto but i really want to next year. I know tickets are hard to get but how hard? Like, if i was on the website ready, do you think its easy enough to get one? Any tips? Thank You 

I've managed to get tickets each time I've tried. There's no real trick to it, just persistence and luck. Just make sure you're on the ball and ready to go come 9am. I tend to try for coach tickets in the first instance so you essentially have an extra swing. And the coach is ace.

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Guys, quick question on Glasto, so ive actually never gone to glasto but i really want to next year. I know tickets are hard to get but how hard? Like, if i was on the website ready, do you think its easy enough to get one? Any tips? Thank You 

It's much easier when less people do it, so make sure you spread loads of lies that it's rubbish so there's less competition.

Incidentally, I wouldn't bother if I were you, it's rubbish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

It's basically like this:

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Really beginning to hit me there's no festival this year.

Usually i'm gearing myself up for some line up news and preparing to put myself through watching the Brit awards with the faintest hope someone reveals they're playing the festival.

Oh it hurts.

:(

Same here! Been watching some vlogs on YouTube, found a God awful one from Spencer and Alex....

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Strokes would be a sub at best these days.

I’m sure they’d get better paying headline slots elsewhere though. If you take out Glastonbury, I don’t think very many festivals would be turning their nose up by the looks of the headliners around the place.

Besides, 2000’s are pretty en vogue right now and I can see Stroke and the lads being bigger than they’ve been for over a decade when they eventually come back.

Edited by dentalplan

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They subbed the Pyramid last year so I think their fall from headliner status is already cemented. They’d need to make a pretty triumphant comeback to end up headlining any time soon/ever.

Completely forgot that this happened! Wasn’t able to attend the Sunday of last years festival so it kind of escaped my attention.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Strokes returning again and getting a Pyramid headline slot; me getting so excited and forgetting how shite they were at Leeds 2011; me watching them and it being awful and ruining my night.

Lovely stuff. Get it done.

Didn’t you watch Muse on the Pyramid two months after watching them be shite?

That post up the page wasn’t me suggesting the Strokes could headline the Pyramid, by the way. I don’t see them ever being given that opportunity, just that other festivals will have them headline so they won’t have to take the William’s Green slot they’re tipped for around here.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Didn’t you watch Muse on the Pyramid two months after watching them be shite?

That post up the page wasn’t me suggesting the Strokes could headline the Pyramid, by the way. I don’t see them ever being given that opportunity, just that other festivals will do so they won’t have to take the William’s Green slot they’re tipped for around here.

Yep but I wasn't really excited for it and knew it'd be no better than what I'd seen a few months earlier (was seeing Sigur Rós 3 weeks later and didn't care about any of the other alternatives, anyway).

And yeah they're not gonna struggle for headline slots elsewhere so I agree they won't show up at Glasto. R&L, BST and IOW would all take them in a heartbeat for starters, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I don't get this whole The Strokes being crap thing. I've seen them twice and I thought they were really good both times. Maybe it's just me?!

What venues were they in? I've heard they're much better in smaller, indoor venues but they were so ridiculously dull and lifeless when I saw them at Leeds Festival. Only band that's come close is Kings of Leon (also at a festival).

43 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Strokes returning again and getting a Pyramid headline slot; me getting so excited and forgetting how shite they were at Leeds 2011; me watching them and it being awful and ruining my night.

Lovely stuff. Get it done.

Saw them a couple of years ago when tickets were ridiculously cheap and thought they were good in all fairness.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw them a couple of years ago when tickets were ridiculously cheap and thought they were good in all fairness.

Hyde Park with Beck?

On the subject of them being rubbish, didn't Julian go through a 'trying to headline festivals while being totally loaded' phase?

Edited by Homer

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Headlining Super Bock Super Rock In Portugal at about 2am (Julian still wore sunglasses) in 2011, and at Hyde Park (I did only pay £2.50 for my ticket admittedly). 

I paid a bit more for it but still was very happy with the performance. Wasn’t mind blowing, just good songs performed well in front of a receptive crowd.

They don’t do a lot on stage so I can see how people tune out which might affect areas of festival crowds, but at the same time it’d be really at odds with their style of music if Jules was jogging about the stage and climbing up shit.

I've only just seen this brief interview with Emily Eavis on NME and I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet. Re: headliners, there's one booked for 2019 (which voids what Michael said a few days prior :lol:) and it isn't Theresa May. Furthermore they have more in place for 2020. It's more interesting for the talk of site changes tbh.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've only just seen this brief interview with Emily Eavis on NME and I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet. Re: headliners, there's one booked for 2019 (which voids what Michael said a few days prior :lol:) and it isn't Theresa May. Furthermore they have more in place for 2020. It's more interesting for the talk of site changes tbh.

site changes are always more interesting than band speculation, as evidenced by the many-hundred-page thread that (i imagine) appears on efests every year :D 

Edited by fatyeti24