2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Considering a lot of the suggestions for the super year are White Boys w/ Guitars™ and last year was all White Boys w/ Guitars™ they'll do their best to mix it up next year? Florence, Kendrick, Death Grips etc.

They hardly have to worry about coming back with a bang after what the competition have put out this year.

17 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Would Michael Buble be in for a shout at headlining next year? Doing BST this year, suposse he'll be bringing out a new album sometime soon. Followed by a Christmas Album. 

Can see Smashing Pumpkins been booked as Other Stage Headliners with the reunion about too take place. 

That is possibly the only time Michael Buble and Smashing Pumpkins will be quoted in the same piece .

No doubt I may be proved wrong !

4 hours ago, Logan1996 said:

What's the likelihood of The Strokes headlining one night? Rumoured album out early 2019 and theyve never played glasto before so fit into this not played before category 

Don't think they're big or relevant enough to be given a headline spot these days, plus they apparently demand a lot of money so would probably be out of Glastonbury's price range.

Think there’s actually quite a lot of choice for next year:

Fleetwood Mac, Madonna, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Florence and the Machine, Kendrick Lemar, U2 or even The 1975 or Foals (If they bump someone up).  Probably plenty more obvious ones I’ve forgotten about too.  

Based on them I’d guess at:

The 1975, Arctic Monkeys Madonna

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Fleetwood Mac, Madonna, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Florence and the Machine, Kendrick Lemar, U2 or even The 1975 or Foals (If they bump someone up).  Probably plenty more obvious ones I’ve forgotten about too.  

I'd initially thought The 1975 would headline Reading/Leeds instead but tbh if offered Glastonbury I'm sure they'd take it and your trio is probably what I'm running with at the moment as well. Not a vintage set of headliners by any means but two huge names and one about to be huge name nonetheless. 

I'd love to see Florence get the chance to headline again, being billed as a headliner from the get go. That's more from the point of view of a big fan though. The best option for all bases would probably be something like:

Arctic Monkeys | Madonna | Fleetwood Mac

I'd be surprised if during their comback year they go with an up and comer like The 1975 to headline, but I'm wrong more often than not when it comes to Glastonbury :lol:

3 hours ago, sisco said:

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd initially thought The 1975 would headline Reading/Leeds instead but tbh if offered Glastonbury I'm sure they'd take it and your trio is probably what I'm running with at the moment as well. Not a vintage set of headliners by any means but two huge names and one about to be huge name nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I'd love to see Florence get the chance to headline again, being billed as a headliner from the get go. That's more from the point of view of a big fan though. The best option for all bases would probably be something like:

Arctic Monkeys | Madonna | Fleetwood Mac

I'd be surprised if during their comback year they go with an up and comer like The 1975 to headline, but I'm wrong more often than not when it comes to Glastonbury :lol:

I'm The 1975, Arctics and FM/Madonna. If they got both FM and Madonna with Arctic Monkeys it's crazy strong but don't see it.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I'd love to see Florence get the chance to headline again, being billed as a headliner from the get go. That's more from the point of view of a big fan though.

I'd love it but next year's just too soon after the last one. I know it wasn't the headline set that a performer would want with only a matter of days they had to prepare it, but it feels so recent and the setlist would have barely changed. I think they can hit some more festivals on the upcoming album and be back to smash it on album #5.

2 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Tame Impala might be a shout? Also the Smashing Pumpkns subbing a heavier style headliner could be a fun night! 

Don't see Tame Impala being given the gig, personally, but they're very unlikely to have an album out before summer 2019 anyway.

I think Billy will be shopping Pumpkins out for bigger paydays than subbing the Pyramid would bring. If that doesn't come to fruition then I suppose it's a possibility as Billy seems pretty fond of the place and knows he has a crowd there.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'd love it but next year's just too soon after the last one. I know it wasn't the headline set that a performer would want with only a matter of days they had to prepare it, but it feels so recent and the setlist would have barely changed. I think they can hit some more festivals on the upcoming album and be back to smash it on album #5.

Don't see Tame Impala being given the gig, personally, but they're very unlikely to have an album out before summer 2019 anyway.

I think Billy will be shopping Pumpkins out for bigger paydays than subbing the Pyramid would bring. If that doesn't come to fruition then I suppose it's a possibility as Billy seems pretty fond of the place and knows he has a crowd there.

Or Smashing Pumpkins on the Other?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

In 2013 they went with Mumford & Sons to headline :P

I feel like they were further along than The 1975, but I may be wrong on that. In my entirely subjective and personal view, it felt like loads of people I know were in to M&S at that point than they are in to The 1975 now. But I do take your point! They did have the Stones that year so maybe they felt they could get away with something smaller?

Do I dare to bring up the classic “Are Biffy Clyro big enough to headline?” talking point? I think they have a very strong back catalogue, and the last couple of times I’ve seen them (both at Reading) they just had the most almighty big sound. Some may say they seem irrelevant which is a perfectly valid point, but with plans for album plans for 2018, it may well help fling them back into the public eye.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/biffy-clyro-new-album-plans-2018-2205735%3fsource=dam

3 hours ago, willutalk said:

Do I dare to bring up the classic “Are Biffy Clyro big enough to headline?” talking point? I think they have a very strong back catalogue, and the last couple of times I’ve seen them (both at Reading) they just had the most almighty big sound. Some may say they seem irrelevant which is a perfectly valid point, but with plans for album plans for 2018, it may well help fling them back into the public eye.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/biffy-clyro-new-album-plans-2018-2205735%3fsource=dam

They subbed the Pyramid last year so I think their fall from headliner status is already cemented. They’d need to make a pretty triumphant comeback to end up headlining any time soon/ever.