2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

26 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Yep :lol:

I'm still going for Elton John and The 1975 for 2019, though.

I'd be shocked if Arctic Monkeys aren't headlining, especially over The 1975. No apparent festivals this year for them...

Friday - Elton, Sat - AM, Sun - Madonna? 

Only over a year of speculation to go! :D

The R+L lineup has flustered my predictions for this. I was thinking R+L would probably get The 1975 and Arctic Monkeys next year, but they seem to lack the competence to book a sure-thing new British headliner and similarly nuked their whole lineup in pursuit of Arctic Monkeys this year.

I'm gonna read into Michael's quote on the headliners being "two or three that have never played" (and believe he means played as headliners) and continue thinking Arctic Monkeys won't be at Glasto next year. Reckon Foals or 1975, then Kendrick and the Mac. 2020 predictions can naff off.

33 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Foals, Sam Smith and The Mac next year for me

I'm pretty hot on the idea of FloMo getting her official shot at it, but next year maybe feels too soon (maybe that's because we haven't even had summer 2018 year idk) 

Don't reckon Sam Smith would headline now, his new album doesn't seem to be as inescapable as his last one and I can't imagine the festival going for it.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Florence supposedly having an album this year and not doing any UK festivals (when she's playing european ones) is quite weird. Almost as if she's holding off for a year

I don’t think it’ll be out before summer. She’d be doing more than three or four shows this summer if there was an album to promote. She’s bringing a book out this summer or something anyway.

54 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah he's done a bit of an Emeli Sandé rather than an Adele.

Wouldn’t go that far as he was still one of the year’s biggest sellers but I’ve gone cold on him headlining too. Seems kinda pointless nearly two years after the album.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Arctic Monkeys not being at R&L, and Florence not doing any UK festivals (as mentioned above), must surely be front-runners now.

nah, all that means is that those things didn't fit/suit the touring plans for those acts.

I'd say it actually makes them less likely for Glasto next year. If (say) R/L had those acts this year then they wouldn't want them next year, making them more likely for Glasto. But because R/L hasn't had them this year, it'll definitely be trying for them next year.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just had a thought: Wonder if there will be a really large increase in the amount of people going for tickets in October following the R+L lineup announcement.

Disenchanted R+L diehards looking elsewhere?

I'm not sure that will have to much of an effect, Reading and Leeds goers purchase tickets once the lineup is announced right? Surely they'll wait for the 2019 lineup and hence be too late for Glastonbury. Also with the Glastonbury fallow year there’s no massive advertisement for the festival plastered all over BBC at the start of the summer inspiring Bucket List attendees to take the plunge for 2019 so perhaps demand might be slightly lower … wishful thinking I know.

7 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I'm not sure that will have to much of an effect, Reading and Leeds goers purchase tickets once the lineup is announced right? Surely they'll wait for the 2019 lineup and hence be too late for Glastonbury. Also with the Glastonbury fallow year there’s no massive advertisement for the festival plastered all over BBC at the start of the summer inspiring Bucket List attendees to take the plunge for 2019 so perhaps demand might be slightly lower … wishful thinking I know.

I think they've been on sale for a while. Seems most people think they'll struggle to sell out but this might be the case most years? I'm in such a Glastonbury cocoon I rarely take notice of the other festivals.

Are there any other festivals which sell out in double quick time these days or has that long gone?

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think they've been on sale for a while. Seems most people think they'll struggle to sell out but this might be the case most years? I'm in such a Glastonbury cocoon I rarely take notice of the other festivals.

Are there any other festivals which sell out in double quick time these days or has that long gone?

As far as I'm aware no other UK festivals sell out in such a short space of time like Glastonbury. I think there's been a few festivals that may have experienced some sale bumps pre-announcements this year due to Arctic Monkeys speculation and rumors of which festival will land the best line up.

7 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

As far as I'm aware no other UK festivals sell out in such a short space of time like Glastonbury. I think there's been a few festivals that may have experienced some sale bumps pre-announcements this year due to Arctic Monkeys speculation and rumors of which festival will land the best line up.

I remember the days Leeds used to sell out in advance circa 2003 - 2006. Boomtown apparently sells out a few months prior but nothing in comparison to Glastonbury. 

Re: the demand for tickets. It's always to be massive for Glastonbury. I imagine 2020 is going to be even more in demand with it being the anniversary.