2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

43 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That night we were all living through @parsonjack. Minute by minute updates...

"I AM IN   !!!!!!" - 112 upvotes! Absolute scenes. I've gone back over that night's posts a few times. Excellent stuff.

@ticketboy69summed it up that night...

I am a 47 year old man crying tears of joy over someone I don't know getting into a gig by a band I don't care about. 

I love this place.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Jt's new album has flopped a bit. Kinda makes him more likely to consider something like Glastonbury

Beaten to number one in the UK by the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman :lol:

Aye I'd have said he didn't need it and so was a long shot before but I think he's certainly more in the frame now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him headline next year.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

"I AM IN   !!!!!!" - 112 upvotes! Absolute scenes. I've gone back over that night's posts a few times. Excellent stuff.

@ticketboy69summed it up that night...

can you remember what pages it is ? can't seem to work it out ... I do remember trying a little rhyme hallway through .. which is a definite first for me ... would like a reread of that moment ;)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Beaten to number one in the UK by the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman :lol:

Aye I'd have said he didn't need it and so was a long shot before but I think he's certainly more in the frame now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him headline next year.

If rumours are correct he is headlining coachella. Means he’s active in April? Has he announced a tour yet? If not that might add some further validity to it

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If rumours are correct he is headlining coachella. Means he’s active in April? Has he announced a tour yet? If not that might add some further validity to it

Timberlake? He's touring Europe this summer, an US dates are already out too I believe.

I don't agree with the 'he used to be above Glastonbury but a flop has brought him down to that level' thing. He played Wireless and V Festival on the last tour he did. Always just been a solid arena name. Glasto could happily let JT slide at this point, or give him a Katy Perry placing.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Timberlake? He's touring Europe this summer, an US dates are already out too I believe.

I don't agree with the 'he used to be above Glastonbury but a flop has brought him down to that level' thing. He played Wireless and V Festival on the last tour he did. Always just been a solid arena name. Glasto could happily let JT slide at this point, or give him a Katy Perry placing.

You're joking about the last part, right?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You're joking about the last part, right?

The evening slot? Yeah, I don't really see that happening.

About not being bothered about booking him? I don't see why they'd be jump at the chance nowadays. A good decade past his prime now, really. Probably in a similar box to Gaga. I clearly don't see him as the megastar that you dudes do.

Just now, dentalplan said:

The evening slot? Yeah, I don't really see that happening.

About not being bothered about booking him? I don't see why they'd be jump at the chance nowadays. A good decade past his prime now, really. Probably in a similar box to Gaga. I clearly don't see him as the megastar that you dudes do.

He brought sexy back, bruh

(12 years ago)

I still think he'd be a decent headliner. Shite new album aside, and not that you'd know it from his Superbowl performance, but he puts on a hell of a show, and obviously has enough hits to do it. Not entirely confident in him being booked but if they're looking for another pop/not your standard guitar band headliner I think he's the obvious booking of those active next year.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

JT was one of the acts that surprised me and pretty much won me over from what I saw when I worked at the arena, decent show. Can't see him headlining, why is the suggestion of him doing a katy Perry spot that crazy? Was she that good a booking?

Katy Perry is more of a novelty act than JT. Despite his new album not doing so good he's still a headliner and I don't see him being booked as anything other than that myself.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Katy Perry is more of a novelty act than JT. Despite his new album not doing so good he's still a headliner and I don't see him being booked as anything other than that myself.

Yeah but before Perry was booked in that slot would you have said she wouldn't headline? They've hit very similar beats, both arena acts, both done the superbowl, is it that weird he might follow suit and play lower down? 

For the record I don't see it, but with the controversy that goes behind iffy headline acts, the size of the crowds at the legend slot, maybe acts might start seeing the benefit of not playing top spot but, with the tv coverage (especially at an earlier, getting ready time of the night on a saturday) they're still making money and looking relevant without the headline hate.

I dunno I'm in the pub waiting for a mate to go watch HMLTD, probably chatting out my arse.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Yeah but before Perry was booked in that slot would you have said she wouldn't headline? They've hit very similar beats, both arena acts, both done the superbowl, is it that weird he might follow suit and play lower down? 

For the record I don't see it, but with the controversy that goes behind iffy headline acts, the size of the crowds at the legend slot, maybe acts might start seeing the benefit of not playing top spot but, with the tv coverage (especially at an earlier, getting ready time of the night on a saturday) they're still making money and looking relevant without the headline hate.

I dunno I'm in the pub waiting for a mate to go watch HMLTD, probably chatting out my arse.

He's probably suffering the male equivalent of what Katy Perry has, but because of that he'll still be well loved by loyal fans and a more attractive ticket-seller while Perry is left to go down the sink.

Anyway I reckon Little Mix will be on the Pyramid in 2019. A continuation of that slot, maybe, but mostly I just reckon they'll get booked.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Says who? :o:(

Wait is this not common knowledge?  They're all absolutely knackered from the constant touring/promo stuff so calling it day - can't remember if it's the end of this year or next though. I'm p sure its this year, they've been on tour non stop since like 2015 in fairness. 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wait is this not common knowledge?  They're all absolutely knackered from the constant touring/promo stuff so calling it day - can't remember if it's the end of this year or next though. I'm p sure its this year, they've been on tour non stop since like 2015 in fairness. 

I can go with you knowing the inside scoop about festivals and shows for certain bands and whatever but announcing Little Mix are splitting up is next level shit.

• Upvote 1