2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Emotional reading that R&L thread, I've missed our thread for this year. The crazy reply rate, the fake accounts collecting mass red down arrows, the tiniest bit of info spiralling into bonkers rumours, it all still feels so far away.

If it makes you feel better I will make up a bonkers rumour and you can downvote me?

A bloke in my corner shop has heard Chris Martin is forming a supergroup with Vanilla Ice, Ice Cube and Ice -T. It's called Ice Cold.

They are headlining Sunday.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If it makes you feel better I will make up a bonkers rumour and you can downvote me?

A bloke in my corner shop has heard Chris Martin is forming a supergroup with Vanilla Ice, Ice Cube and Ice -T. It's called Ice Cold.

Would still be better than most of the R&L line up

Edit: and those three in one supergroup must be called Ice Cubed surely?

Edited by Tommy101
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That does make me feel better thanks. 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Was it 2015 where there was a rumour that a Chris Martin led supergroup was headlining? That was a wild rumour.

yeah think we'd got to May or something without the third headliner and everyone was a bit loopy.

55 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Emotional reading that R&L thread, I've missed our thread for this year. The crazy reply rate, the fake accounts collecting mass red down arrows, the tiniest bit of info spiralling into bonkers rumours, it all still feels so far away.

I have been having a little look over the thread myself this morning - The big difference being that when the Glastonbury poster drop when it finally happens, never goes down quite so badly...

Best UK lineup this year? It doesn't really seem like anyones really stepped up to fill the Glastonbury hole as we were predicting. I like the BoomTown lineup personally (with the glaring exception of that Saturday headline...), but it's definitely not to everyones taste

14 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Was it 2015 where there was a rumour that a Chris Martin led supergroup was headlining? That was a wild rumour.

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

yeah think we'd got to May or something without the third headliner and everyone was a bit loopy.

[thingy] The Who were confirmed as the final headliner on 6th May [/thingy]

giphy.gif

The night we found out it was The Who was good fun. No idea who we were expecting at that point but it obviously wasn’t them given the Paris gigs. 

As much as knowing the headliners is good it’s probably more entertaining in years like 2014 and 2015 where there’s one headliner that no one has a clue about.

27 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The night we found out it was The Who was good fun. No idea who we were expecting at that point but it obviously wasn’t them given the Paris gigs. 

As much as knowing the headliners is good it’s probably more entertaining in years like 2014 and 2015 where there’s one headliner that no one has a clue about.

I still think the fake betting slip saga has to be the best/most ludicrous thing to happen in efestivals history.

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

We literally didn't have a clue. We were considering Prince and Blur around the time, I'm sure, but no one seemed likely in the slightest.

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I have been having a little look over the thread myself this morning - The big difference being that when the Glastonbury poster drop when it finally happens, never goes down quite so badly...

Best UK lineup this year? It doesn't really seem like anyones really stepped up to fill the Glastonbury hole as we were predicting. I like the BoomTown lineup personally (with the glaring exception of that Saturday headline...), but it's definitely not to everyones taste

I don't really get the "stepping up in the fallow" theory. Surely every festival books the best lineup they can every year and Glastonbury very rarely hogs an act another festival would've otherwise had.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

We literally didn't have a clue. We were considering Prince and Blur around the time, I'm sure, but no one seemed likely in the slightest.

I remember Pete Townshend hinting that they replaced Prince leading to speculation he had pulled out due to the petition about Kanye. Prince would've been awesome. 

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

that isn't correct, it was reported as The Who by the music guy in The Sun and Neil then said the next day something along those lines too.

not sure how long before it was announced to be them that was, but it was definitely speculated about quite a bit on here before it was announced.

Edited by ghostdancer1

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

that isn't correct, it was reported as The Who by the music guy in The Sun and Neil then said the next day something along those lines too.

not sure how long before it was announced to be them that was, but it was definitely speculated about quite a bit on here before it was announced.

Yeah we're talking about before we learnt it was The Who.

12 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I remember Pete Townshend hinting that they replaced Prince leading to speculation he had pulled out due to the petition about Kanye. Prince would've been awesome. 

what I heard was that Prince had never agreed to play - so couldn't pull out - but that Glasto were confident he was going to say yes, and then he didn't.

9 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I was told by someone in the know it was the who long before it appeared in the Sun - but it was immediately dismissed because of the Paris show they had booked (the posts for that are on this forum somewhere).

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

what I heard was that Prince had never agreed to play - so couldn't pull out - but that Glasto were confident he was going to say yes, and then he didn't.

I was told by someone in the know it was the who long before it appeared in the Sun - but it was immediately dismissed because of the Paris show they had booked (the posts for that are on this forum somewhere).

I remember that, didn’t they go up as TBC and then got taken down when people pointed out the Paris gigs? Crazy times.

16 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I remember that, didn’t they go up as TBC and then got taken down when people pointed out the Paris gigs? Crazy times.

yup, it was only up for half an hour or so. It was the night of the Glasto bands finals.

The person who told me The Who was exceedingly confused when I said back to them later that it had to be wrong because of the Paris shows (cos it's not like they had a dreadful source :P).

It got in the papers when progress with the details in sorting everything out was slower than the excitement of someone in wanting to tell the world about it (I know the sp for what exactly happened there).

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It got in the papers when progress with the details in sorting everything out was slower than the excitement of someone in wanting to tell the world about it (I know the sp for what exactly happened there).

Whatever happened to the whole 'Mick Fleetwood is playing Glastonbury' thing from a few years back? I remember I deciphered some cryptic clue you gave about him playing, and I felt like I'd discovered a world exclusive, and it was wrong! :lol:

29 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whatever happened to the whole 'Mick Fleetwood is playing Glastonbury' thing from a few years back? I remember I deciphered some cryptic clue you gave about him playing, and I felt like I'd discovered a world exclusive, and it was wrong! :lol:

no idea. I had what i believed was good info about that (I remember I believed it solid, but can't remember the source now).