2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think they'd be first choice, but the fest can only book who's available - and I reckon they've got to remain a possible because of that.

no more than Mik Artistik.

the 1975 are nowhere near headlining Glastonbury level. there will be plenty of bigger acts touring in summer 2019 who will be booked before them.

35 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

the 1975 are nowhere near headlining Glastonbury level. there will be plenty of bigger acts touring in summer 2019 who will be booked before them.

Headlined Latitude on their current/last tour and are only getting bigger. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if they made a Mumfords-esque leap come the next album and are given a headliner slot. I think they've quickly overtaken the likes of Foals and other 'would be' headliners to be given that push first.

46 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

They're on the tipping point right now and it'll all depend on how the next album does. If they release back end of 2018 and it goes mega then they'll be a shoe-in.

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Headlined Latitude on their current/last tour and are only getting bigger. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if they made a Mumfords-esque leap come the next album and are given a headliner slot. I think they've quickly overtaken the likes of Foals and other 'would be' headliners to be given that push first.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They're on the tipping point right now and it'll all depend on how the next album does. If they release back end of 2018 and it goes mega then they'll be a shoe-in.

Agree with these.

I don't see them as a headliner at this precise moment, but the way they're going at the mo definitely keeps them in the list of possibles cos a year from now they might be there.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is he a headliner now? I see him subbing ala Pharrel.

Subbing Madonna perhaps?

Headlined V and Wireless on his last album tour. Could possibly see him 'doing a Katy Perry' and accepting a lower slot than he'd normally demand if it's a choice between that and not playing at all though, yeah.

6 hours ago, Madyaker said:

We had no female headliner this year so I think there's a very good chance of one in 2019. Probs Taylor Swift. So that means we have Taylor and the AMs so far.

The festival will get who they can, they never set out not to have female headliners, but if they can't get one, or there's three big male headliners around, then they'll book 3 big male headliners. There's only really been 2 female headliners in the modern era, Florence was an emergency bump up (and she was big enough to headline at that, which just shows they're not in the business of making allowances just so they can have the female headliner feather in their cap). If we believe the rumours, Beyonce is was pretty much a bump up as well; and then Adele got the gig because she's the biggest act in the world. They'll just shoot for the biggest they can get, gender never seems to have been a point of consideration before and I don't see it being that in the future. If they do get Taylor Swift it'll be because she's huge, so they contacted her agent and she agreed.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I believe if the 1975 got hints they'd be in the running to headline Glastonbury they'd surely pass R&L

Also if R&L and Glastonbury were both after them in 2019 they'd surely pick Glastonbury.

What if they had agreed to headline R+L 2019 when Glastonbury were still booking their line up for 2017?

Besides, a direct quote from Matt Healy suggest they'll “headline Reading and Leeds that year, headline Glastonbury the year after or the year after that". :P

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You can't get shitter than a thick Rick Witter.

Easy now. The new tune has a fucking monstrous guitar solo.

Lyrics leave a bit to be desired so you might have a point. Is Rick the brains behind the lyrical content?

Either way, rather them than 1975.

Do it Michael. I want to see Mark Radcliffe get mad excited for the shed seven headline slot.

Dooo ittttt