2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

30 minutes ago, VCK said:

Wait, what?

Is there something you know?

not at all, I know nothing jon snow

I just think with predicting a festival two years in advance you've got to think that it is 730 days for any inactive band to suddenly pick up their guitars again and get back into it... heck they could even release an album in that time even if they aren't doing anything now. 

Pulp are a band that (based on nothing) I consider incredibly likely to surprise us and get back into it within the next two years. They've had a good bit of time off and you never know, plus Jarvis has never ruled out their return. 

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they're coming back they're maybe more likely to be one of the two already in the frame for the big five-o.

possibly, 50th guesses for me are Coldplay, The Rolling Stones and Blur though

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I agree - I was just trying to think of subs... but that's quite hard for a festival 2 years in advance.

If Disclosure keep at the level they are at right now I reckon they could sub - if they released another banger I could see it working relatively well.

I'm liking the fact that my Pulp prediction isn't being shot down, we should keep the faith alive!

Disclosure bored me to tears headlining other last year.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

20 hours ago, Matt42 said:

not at all, I know nothing jon snow

I just think with predicting a festival two years in advance you've got to think that it is 730 days for any inactive band to suddenly pick up their guitars again and get back into it... heck they could even release an album in that time even if they aren't doing anything now. 

Pulp are a band that (based on nothing) I consider incredibly likely to surprise us and get back into it within the next two years. They've had a good bit of time off and you never know, plus Jarvis has never ruled out their return. 

Hopefully you're right. I missed them when they made their comeback in 2011, and if The Libertines, Pixies and The Stone Roses have all been doing re-reunions, I don't think Pulp doing the same would be unrealistic.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Little controversial but remember we're talking two years from now. No female headliner this year either so you would assume they would go for one for 2019.

Chemical Brothers

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Sia

People keep saying this but I doubt they're gonna go for a female headliner just for the sake of it. If there's a suitable female booking available, such as Beyoncé, then yeah, but I doubt they'll try to shoehorn one in.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Possibly if they were playing this year but have to think where they may be in two years plus the fact they will be saving the really big guns for 2020. 

Chemical Bros are hardly on their way up at that point, Catfish are a landfill flash in the pan, Sia has also peaked and plateaued at a lower stature than Katy Perry. 

• 1 month later...