2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

11 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

1) imagine dragons - maybe a bit leftfield here but should have a 3rd album out by then. Assuming they are not there this year.

Imagine Dragons are never gonna be big enough to headline Glastonbury. Maybe I'm not the best person to judge because I think they're shite, but they already seem like they're on the wane popularity wise.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Imagine Dragons are never gonna be big enough to headline Glastonbury. Maybe I'm not the best person to judge because I think they're shite, but they already seem like they're on the wane popularity wise.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, they're definitely shite. Radioactive is alright for a laugh, but the rest is fucking bollocks

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I have no reason to think this at all but my guess for 2020 will be three huge acts who are a staple to Glastonbury history - and would probably do it again if they were begged / asked

Coldplay, The Rolling Stones, Blur

until something else come along that's my shout

The Stones in 2013 was a once in a life time moment for me. I don't really want that moment to be diminished if they turn out to be shit the second time round.

Quite a few people predicting a lot of similiar types of bands - a lot of guitars basically and rock/indy. I think after the break the Eavii will want to use 2019 as a refresher with something a bit more mixed, along the lines of -

Fri - Kendrick
Sat - Chilli Peppers
Sun - Beyonce (or some other pop star)

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Quite a few people predicting a lot of similiar types of bands - a lot of guitars basically and rock/indy. I think after the break the Eavii will want to use 2019 as a refresher with something a bit more mixed, along the lines of -

Fri - Kendrick
Sat - Chilli Peppers
Sun - Beyonce (or some other pop star)

That's mixed alright:

Good guy 

w*nk

Good guy

Jesus Christ (Reach out and touch faith or whatever). Did anyone watch / listen to that Depeche Mode live feed tonight? I had a go. 

Sounded like someone hitting a donkey with a wet Royal Wedding (Charles & Di) tea towel whilst wearing a full one man band kit for the first time. Whilst pissed. Fuckaduck. Headliners? 

Sorry @eastynhI tried. X

2 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

The Stones in 2013 was a once in a life time moment for me. I don't really want that moment to be diminished if they turn out to be shit the second time round.

I don't think The Stones will ever do it again and like you I'd miss it as it was a proper occasion but I think Blur is a very good shout for the 50 years. It will only have been 3 years of actual Glasto fests with Coldplay so I think it will be a no for them although if ever there was a year to bring them back earlier than they really should it's that one. 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think The Stones will ever do it again and like you I'd miss it as it was a proper occasion but I think Blur is a very good shout for the 50 years. It will only have been 3 years of actual Glasto fests with Coldplay so I think it will be a no for them although if ever there was a year to bring them back earlier than they really should it's that one. 

So it won't be Blur, The Stones or Coldplay then?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

My heart dropped when Kendrick did that version of it with them. Man that guy does some shit features.

He once in a while does shit features, the vast majority are at least decent and a good number are brilliant. Then there's that one, which eclipses everything else.

2 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Artic monkeys

biffy cyro

madonna

1st 2 are my confident guess, and madonna could be replaced by Gaga depending on what happens with Gaga this year.

Don't think Biffy will be big enough to headline in 2019. They haven't really got into that permanent headliner status like the likes of Muse, Arctic Monkeys etc, I'd say they're on the decline after the last album though I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Just now, Superunknown said:

Don't think Biffy will be big enough to headline in 2019. They haven't really got into that permanent headliner status like the likes of Muse, Arctic Monkeys etc, I'd say they're on the decline after the last album though I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Yeah no way are Biffy Clyro headlining in 2019. Glastonbury has made comments about them being too small to do it in the past and they're only getting smaller.