Biffy Clyro

Franky

7 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

As they're expected to dig deep for Download, maybe some of those tracks could surface. The War Child show showed that they're still comfortable playing the older stuff.

That was for a specific show though, two sets, was a great night tbf but bar Animal new stuff was shite!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 31/03/2017 at 1:57 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not as quickly as I started going downhill when I realised who was about to come onstage.

Weren't the hundreds of Biffy flags being given out that day not enough of a clue for you 

It was pretty common knowledge even before the Saturday that it was Biffy 

Edited by swede

2 hours ago, swede said:

Weren't the hundreds of Biffy flags being given out that day not enough of a clue for you 

It was pretty common knowledge even before the Saturday that it was Biffy 

Nah man.

It was was like Hitchcock.  

The build up of Biffy Clyro flags was subtle at first, scarcely even noticable.  

I waited, peacefully enough, biding my time for the guest band......

And then I noticed that something was wrong.

The-Birds.jpg

On 31/03/2017 at 5:02 PM, CHRLY said:

I'm pretty sure they played nothing pre-Puzzle when I saw them last summer in Lisbon. It was dire, only worsened by Band of Horses that weekend.

Yeah was a shocking set. They played living is a problem and 9/15ths off puzzle and that was it, everything else OR onwards

Didn't even play That Golden Rule which is one of if not the best post Puzzle song

1 minute ago, jonodillieono said:

Yeah was a shocking set. They played living is a problem and 9/15ths off puzzle and that was it, everything else OR onwards

Didn't even play That Golden Rule which is one of if not the best post Puzzle song

Haha ffs I was thinking at Glasto it could be all post-Puzzle but that at least they'd play That Golden Rule. I reckon they'll play Living is a Problem and everything else will be post-Puzzle. 

I reckon we can hope for something like:

1. Wolves of Winter
  2. Living is a problem because everyone dies
  3. Biblical
  4. Howl
  5. In The Name of the Wee Man
  6. Justboy
  7. Who's got a match
  8. Bubbles
  9. Re-Arrange
  10. That Golden Rule
  11. 57
  12. Black Chandelier 
  13. Mountains
  14. Many of Honor
  15. Stingin' Belle
Maybe The Captain/Glitter&Trauma if they get time

5 hours ago, LondonTom said:

1. Wolves of Winter
  3. Biblical
  4. Howl
  6. Justboy
  7. Who's got a match
  8. Bubbles
  9. Re-Arrange
  10. That Golden Rule
  11. 57
  12. Black Chandelier 
  13. Mountains
  14. Many of Honor
  15. Stingin' Belle

I want on a bang! Never heard it live

11 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Last year's setlists were pants, I'm going to see Biffy but if something does come up opposite beings that it's going to be about a 7pm start time I may miss it, it's not an absolute must see but I do think it's perfect Foo'so build up, provided they don't actually have The National there and swap.

6 hours ago, LondonTom said:

1. Wolves of Winter
  3. Biblical
  4. Howl
  6. Justboy
  7. Who's got a match
  8. Bubbles
  9. Re-Arrange
  10. That Golden Rule
  11. 57
  12. Black Chandelier 
  13. Mountains
  14. Many of Honor
  15. Stingin' Belle

I don't think there is a chance of Justboy, I also don't think they'll put Who's got a match in? in, I was lucky at War Child but they play it loads now. Saturday Superhouse would be mine, this it the only reason Download has it's advantage but it's not worth the £100 day ticket that they'll do it, seems to only be an intimate gig thing.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

Sadly who's got a match wasn't played on the arena tour so i doubt it'll get an outing. 

Provided that they are before FF they won't need to play a lighter lighter set etc as FF won't be playing a Glastonbury adjusted set or anything. I wouldn't say Golden Rule is anymore mad than most of FF stuff. If Seasick Steve makes an appearance in the 2nd batch, you can bet JPJ probably will and with Dave there that's probably a guarantee, I wouldn't be shocked if he got Jimmy Page though myself.

10 hours ago, LondonTom said:

1. Wolves of Winter
  3. Biblical
  4. Howl
  6. Justboy
  7. Who's got a match
  8. Bubbles
  9. Re-Arrange
  10. That Golden Rule
  11. 57
  12. Black Chandelier 
  13. Mountains
  14. Many of Honor
  15. Stingin' Belle

Played a longer set at nos alive (17 songs) and we didn't get 57, that golden rule, wee man, justboy, howl or who's got a match.

This was before Ellipsis had come out as well so the set will only be worse this time

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2016/passeio-maritimo-de-alges-oeiras-portugal-2bfff0f2.html

11 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Played a longer set at nos alive (17 songs) and we didn't get 57, that golden rule, wee man, justboy, howl or who's got a match.

This was before Ellipsis had come out as well so the set will only be worse this time

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2016/passeio-maritimo-de-alges-oeiras-portugal-2bfff0f2.html

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS RUN OF SONGS?!

10 hours ago, LondonTom said:

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS RUN OF SONGS?!

But then from Bubbles through the end of the main set, that is solid gold Biffy of the post-Puzzle era. There's comfortably enough hooks and riffs that stick in the mind for a singalong there.

Ellipsis is the first clanger, as an overall album, they've dropped. Yes, they've become more commercial, and yes, there's a strong argument that material post-Puzzle is very meat-and-potatoes hard pop rock. But on the whole, P, OR and O all had enough huge anthems and delicate, pretty numbers to hold them up. Ellipsis unfortunately is a sign of the tunes running out.

But then they're also renown showmen. The material is crap sometimes, yes, but few bands on that bill will put on a more ferocious, tight, exhilarating live performance, taps aff or an.

(When this impassioned defence blows up in my face, I owe every person who upvotes a drink.)

14 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

But then from Bubbles through the end of the main set, that is solid gold Biffy of the post-Puzzle era. There's comfortably enough hooks and riffs that stick in the mind for a singalong there.

Ellipsis is the first clanger, as an overall album, they've dropped. Yes, they've become more commercial, and yes, there's a strong argument that material post-Puzzle is very meat-and-potatoes hard pop rock. But on the whole, P, OR and O all had enough huge anthems and delicate, pretty numbers to hold them up. Ellipsis unfortunately is a sign of the tunes running out.

But then they're also renown showmen. The material is crap sometimes, yes, but few bands on that bill will put on a more ferocious, tight, exhilarating live performance, taps aff or an.

(When this impassioned defence blows up in my face, I owe every person who upvotes a drink.)

Tbh, Opposite was the start, still some decent tunes on it but they could have made that into 1 album.

On 4/3/2017 at 11:13 AM, thewayiam said:

Tbh, Opposite was the start, still some decent tunes on it but they could have made that into 1 album.

Yeah, there were duffers on there. But a lot of those tracks have gone on to be just as established now. Biblical may have not been a hit but that got one of the biggest crowd reactions at Reading last year.

The new album is poor, but 'In the Name of the Wee Man' is up with their best work. The ending especially is very old-school Biffy. No idea why it was only a bonus track (recorded in a seperate session perhaps?). Bit of a banger live too:

Edited by Lubic87

4 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

The new album is poor, but 'In the Name of the Wee Man' is up with their best work. The ending especially is very old-school Biffy. No idea why it was only a bonus track (recorded in a seperate session perhaps?):

Probably because they're so stuck in their arena rock ways now that they didn't want to possibly alienate newer fans with this slightly off-kilter song on the album.