Biffy Clyro

Franky

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, RyanS said:

I actually quite like the last album but that's probably helped by the Reading set.  Still can't get my head around In The Name of The Wee Man not being on the proper tracklist though, that's a banger.

Agreed. Is Don't Won't Can't on the standard album? I do enjoy that too.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I see this as an acceptance from Biffy that they never quite hit the big time, good on them for accepting a non headline slot. 

Aye it's the first step towards their inevitable decline down lineups - guess that's why they did Reading/Leeds last year and Download this year before the headliner offers stopped coming in.

Definitely didn't expect these on the lineup. As much as I'm not a fan of Ellipsis I'll definitely go see them again, always loved their live shows! In regards to their older stuff they played Justboy and Wave Upon Wave on their arena tour earlier this year but I doubt either of those will get a peep at Glasto. I reckon we may get 57 or Glitter and Trauma but that'd be our lot to be honest. Great booking regardless!

I fear that this is the last setlist of theirs that I will really enjoy. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2010/wembley-arena-london-england-43d2a39b.html even though at the time I remember being in a rage that they closed on Mountains.

The first time I saw them was in the Fez Club in Reading in 2002. It was a real eye opener and a big contribution into me getting into live music even though they only played for about 40 minutes and Simon was so wasted he couldn't support his own body weight. 

I've only just now realised that's 15 years ago and now I feel old. I don't really like their most recent albums but will always have a soft spot for the first 3 and the band as a whole.

The more I think about it the more I reckon I'll probably show up for this (if they're Foos sub). Be nice for nostalgia's sake and I know they're one of the very few acts one of the guys I'm going with is excited about so would hate to drag him elsewhere/leave him on his own. I'm sure I'll be loving it once I'm all tanked up. My voice will be hoarse as shit by the end of the Saturday night.

1 hour ago, king_oxymoron said:

Agreed. Is Don't Won't Can't on the standard album? I do enjoy that too.

Strangely, it isn't.  They could have done with swapping some of the deluxe bonus tracks into the standard album.  Having said that, perhaps it doesn't really matter to most people in the streaming era anyway.

Kids from Kibble

Jaggy Snake

Some Kind of Wizard

All the Way Down

Bodies in Flight

Toys

Joy.Disc.Inv

Wave Upon Wave

If they play any 3 of those it would be worth standing through the shite. They won't though, so I'll be elsewhere. Decent booking though. Always good to steal a headliner and plonk them before someone even bigger.

Edited by jparx

51 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Strangely, it isn't.  They could have done with swapping some of the deluxe bonus tracks into the standard album.  Having said that, perhaps it doesn't really matter to most people in the streaming era anyway.

True, I still buy CDs for the car though and I'd have preferred DWC track 2 with Friends & Enemies.. well, wherever I didn't have to listen to it as often. 

5 hours ago, reflekting said:

I wonder whether Glastonbury have given them the same offer as Florence in 2015 or Kasabian in 2009? They either get bumped up should one of the top 3 need to cancel for whatever reason, otherwise they will come back in a few years as headliner?

First Variety Bazaar headliner?

6 hours ago, reflekting said:

I wonder whether Glastonbury have given them the same offer as Florence in 2015 or Kasabian in 2009? They either get bumped up should one of the top 3 need to cancel for whatever reason, otherwise they will come back in a few years as headliner?

This wouldn't surprise me to be honest. No offence intended to the other second-line acts - but Biffy are a proven headliner at this level. If someone cancelled through illness, Biffy could very easily step into the void with a Pyramid-stage-worthy set at fairly short notice. It would probably go the way of Gorillaz in terms of reaction - but I feel they may always be one that never quite got there in the end, which would've been a shame.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye it's the first step towards their inevitable decline down lineups - guess that's why they did Reading/Leeds last year and Download this year before the headliner offers stopped coming in.

Indeed, and I agree with agree others that it's a big booking but tbh they are very quickly approaching the sub level again. Andy slated them last time and probably hyped then up from Reading last year so he didn't look too silly booking them this year.

I also have to say though that them in a sub position I think shows how being the top line could look out of place.

6 hours ago, reflekting said:

They won't be headlining, if they didn't see them as a headliner through the years of topping Reading 1st time, T and IOW then they won't now.

Edited by thewayiam

49 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Yeah, it was alright TBF. Think they started going downhill after around that point.

Still gutted I missed the other Park secret set that year...

I agree. I bet my mate in 2010 that they would never be big enough to headline Glasto, feeling pretty confident about winning that one.

14 minutes ago, JID said:

Hopefully they are not still touring/promoting Elipsis album this summer and they throw a few oldies in, 2 hr set and nothing pre-Puzzle in Dublin end of last year.

As they're expected to dig deep for Download, maybe some of those tracks could surface. The War Child show showed that they're still comfortable playing the older stuff.