Biffy Clyro

Franky

It's a great booking for Glastonbury to get these guys in a non-headline spot but I do feel it ruins their trajectory a bit.  It's not as if they're going to get any bigger and so I can't see them ever stepping up to Glastonbury headliner now.  

Their 2 Reading sets have been among the best headline sets I have ever seen and I would have loved them to have got a chance headlining the Pyramid.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

I wouldn't go that far but I did find OR and Opposites to be pretty perfect for my tastes. Ellipsis was definitely a disappointment as a follow up. They've picked the right singles though, for me, so I'll happily have those 5 in the set list.

I literally can only listen to Wolves of Winter off Elipsis. Opposites had about 20 songs too many on it for me and the one before that I could only listen to about 5 songs after a few months.

I sense a list coming on:

- Infinity Land

- Vertigo of Bliss

- Blackened Sky

- Puzzle

- Only Revolutions

- Opposites

- Elipsis

9. Pablo Honey

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Can see easily how it would beat 2016.

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Of the two shows I've seen - Sheffield Arena 2013 and Leeds Arena 2016 - the former was definitely the better. The latter sounded marginally better. But the former was touring behind the sprawling, relatively strong Opposites whilst the latter was dealing with the less-than-stellar Ellipsis. Still hugely enjoyable though - tracks like Bubbles, Living Is a Problem, 57, Many of Horror, Black Chandelier - even Animal Style - are going to sound massive on the Pyramid Stage/Other Stage/Avalon/wherever they end up.

I am happy to be proven wrong and I know Simon and Co always give it their all and smash it, will see them if there's nothing else I want to see.

14 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Biffy subbed Foo Fighters 2011 tour. Watched Foo's in Stockholm 2011 with Biffy and Band of Horses as support. Beards, tattoo's and long hair x 3

I can see it being a FF request thing again....which might be a reason why they accepted to sub.

It's crazy to think we don't defo have all the big slots yet, there is still room if they have managed to get those two arena acts on the bill.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I can see it being a FF request thing again....which might be a reason why they accepted to sub.

It's crazy to think we don't defo have all the big slots yet, there is still room if they have managed to get those two arena acts on the bill.

yes i agree that seems like the obvious slot for them

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Used to be a huge fan of Biffy but their decline since Puzzle is worthy of an inquiry by a select committee. Hope all the fans of them on here have a good time. 

Incidentally, where would everyone prefer to see them play? Foo Fighters sub or headlining The Other - potentially closing the festival?

From a selfish perspective subbing the FF but I suspect they'll be on the Other.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Used to be a huge fan of Biffy but their decline since Puzzle is worthy of an inquiry by a select committee. Hope all the fans of them on here have a good time. 

Incidentally, where would everyone prefer to see them play? Foo Fighters sub or headlining The Other - potentially closing the festival?

Foos sub.. Mainly for selfish reasons but I think it would fit very well

10 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Biffy fans - what's the chances of Born on a Horse being played?

Fuck all. They'll play 75 minutes of hits from their last 4 albums. Doubt Born on a Horse even gets a look in at their actual gigs, does it?

Couple of years ago I'd be stoked about this but it'll be a pointless setlist. There quallo live though so if you like the recent stuff it'll be great.

Just checked and Born on a Horse has been played in 0 of 26 gigs this year.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Fuck all. They'll play 75 minutes of hits from their last 4 albums. Doubt Born on a Horse even gets a look in at their actual gigs, does it?

Couple of years ago I'd be stoked about this but it'll be a pointless setlist. There quallo live though so if you like the recent stuff it'll be great.

Just checked and Born on a Horse has been played in 0 of 26 gigs this year.

Ah shit.

Yeh I'm a fairweather Biffy fan - really love some of their stuff, but none of their albums are consistent for me. Assuming theirs no clashes and they're somewhere other than Pyramid I'll take a peek.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Ah shit.

Yeh I'm a fairweather Biffy fan - really love some of their stuff, but none of their albums are consistent for me. Assuming theirs no clashes and they're somewhere other than Pyramid I'll take a peek.

Can't see em being anywhere other than Foos sub tbh.

Edit: I should say though, fucking massive get by Glasto. One of them like the Green Day rumour that I thought had no chance of coming to fruition. So props.

Edited by Will-2609

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Can't see em being anywhere other than Foos sub tbh.

Edit: I should say though, fucking massive get by Glasto. One of them like the Green Day rumour that I thought had no chance of coming to fruition. So props.

Very true. I was surprised and it's a great addition.

Green Day, however, would have taken this whole day off the scale. 

Nice One glasto

Surprised and shocked, no way did I expect them to accept a non pyramid headline slot, despite not being as a mainstream they headline every other fest in the UK. Massive booking to get them.

and I'm excited! :D

Ellipsis isn't their best album by far and has some bangers (Wolves of Winter, Howl, Animal Style, On a bang and In The Name of the Wee Man) but its still fairly decent and they know how to put on a very decent live show.

Under Foo's or Friday other please!

Just realised that I haven't seen or listened to Biffy since Puzzle - have I missed much? Are they likely to play many old songs or do I need to brush up on the new stuff? 

Also remembered that I once saw them support Bloc Party in 2007 maybe, how times have changed! 

5 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Nice One glasto

Surprised and shocked, no way did I expect them to accept a non pyramid headline slot, despite not being as a mainstream they headline every other fest in the UK. Massive booking to get them.

I wonder whether Glastonbury have given them the same offer as Florence in 2015 or Kasabian in 2009? They either get bumped up should one of the top 3 need to cancel for whatever reason, otherwise they will come back in a few years as headliner?

1 hour ago, dougal1 said:

Just realised that I haven't seen or listened to Biffy since Puzzle - have I missed much? Are they likely to play many old songs or do I need to brush up on the new stuff? 

Also remembered that I once saw them support Bloc Party in 2007 maybe, how times have changed! 

They tend to only play 2/3 songs from the first 3 albums in a live set. :( 57 from Blackened Sky, a couple from Vertigo and they tend to bypass Infinity Land. Puzzle gets a good look in though.

Edited by vintagelaureate
Grammar

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

They tend to only play 2/3 songs from the first 3 albums in a live set. :( 57 from Blackened Sky, a couple from Vertigo and they tend to bypass Infinity Land. Puzzle gets a good look in though.

Glitter and Trauma occasionally has an outing.