Jump to content
Pennylane499

Festival Buddy for End of the Road Festival

Recommended Posts

Really want to go to End of the Road festival as the line up is pretty wicked. Only problem is (as usual) my friends don't like that kind of music. I am going to go anyway, I obviously prefer going alone rather than not going at all, but It would be nice to talk to people that are also going to the festival. soo.. yeah who's going to End of the Road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a facebook group especially for people travelling alone to the festival. Think it's called End of the road - Happy Campers.

Luckily I've just about had someone to go with every year I've been but don't mind meeting up, Though you find that everyone at the festival are very approachable. The great thing about this festival apart from the wonderful line up is the atmosphere. Not seen any trouble and I've been going for 8 years. This year will b my 9th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What he said.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125270931623/

I've always gone with friends but inevitably you get split up and end up on your own and I've always found people at EOTR very friendly and approachable. I've met up with a number of the Happy Campers over the years and have also made loads of good friends at EOTR just by talking to 'randoms'.

Have a great festival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of the folk who camps with the Happy Campers.  While the FB groups has c. 600 members, a lot lot less than that actually camp together, and the camping group ranges from those who have been to every EOTR to those who are newbies. A couple of weeks before the festival someone will post roughly where we will be, and how to find us. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also sign up to steward at the festival! It's very sociable with all volunteers sleeping at the staff camping with a small marquee with coffee and biscuits. You'll work in shifts so you'll meet lots of people. And best thing: free entry to the festival!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pitched up with the happy campers last year at my first end of the road

They were a welcoming bunch and a good laugh in the mornings before the music kicked in

I'll be pitching up with them this year too id imagine, its useful to have a friendly base to head back too so id recommend them also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, just seen this thread after posting in the other topic!!

I'll be up for joining you guys in the Happy Campers camp again this year :-) Although I don't have Facebook - will it be in the same place as last year?

And is there a WhatsApp group for it? If not I was thinking of setting one up :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dominic1983 said:

Oops, just seen this thread after posting in the other topic!!

I'll be up for joining you guys in the Happy Campers camp again this year :-) Although I don't have Facebook - will it be in the same place as last year?

And is there a WhatsApp group for it? If not I was thinking of setting one up :-)

Hi Dominic, I would expect us (Happy Campers) to be in roughly the same spot again this year, but can confirm nearer the date.  At the moment it is only on FB, not WA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 7:57 PM, Born in the fifties said:

Hi Dominic, I would expect us (Happy Campers) to be in roughly the same spot again this year, but can confirm nearer the date.  At the moment it is only on FB, not WA.

Great, thanks Stephen! Not long to go now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:48 AM, Dominic1983 said:

Oops, just seen this thread after posting in the other topic!!

I'll be up for joining you guys in the Happy Campers camp again this year :-) Although I don't have Facebook - will it be in the same place as last year?

And is there a WhatsApp group for it? If not I was thinking of setting one up :-)

happy to pass any info on re where the happy campers will be pitched up Dom, im on faceache and have your number to message you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2017 at 0:11 PM, thurlow84 said:

happy to pass any info on re where the happy campers will be pitched up Dom, im on faceache and have your number to message you

Great, thanks Ryan! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2017 at 10:47 PM, Dominic1983 said:

Great, thanks Ryan! :-)

Dom, we are going to be in the spot again, with the same flag, and many of the same cast of welcoming, friendly faces, although maybe not the Cherry Bakewell Tart vodka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Dom, we are going to be in the spot again, with the same flag, and many of the same cast of welcoming, friendly faces, although maybe not the Cherry Bakewell Tart vodka.

looking forward to seeing you again, to anyone lurking going on your own i suggest you look out for these guys, they made me feel welcome last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks.. now m' mate Jon has sold his ticket, I'll be travelling solo. I'm not a facebook user either. What's the flag look like? My fourth EOTR this year - wooo what a great line up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glasshousebill said:

Hi folks.. now m' mate Jon has sold his ticket, I'll be travelling solo. I'm not a facebook user either. What's the flag look like? My fourth EOTR this year - wooo what a great line up! 

if memory serves me correctly, its a yellow flag, with a peacock and a giant sperm smiling on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

if memory serves me correctly, its a yellow flag, with a peacock and a giant sperm smiling on it 

That's a pretty good description.  And we will be roughly where the 'G' of 'General Camping' is on the map above and to the right of where the Public Showers are marked.  We should be there with the flag up fairly soon after the site opens on the Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2017 at 8:18 PM, Born in the fifties said:

Dom, we are going to be in the spot again, with the same flag, and many of the same cast of welcoming, friendly faces, although maybe not the Cherry Bakewell Tart vodka.

Thanks Stephen! I'm going to be camping in staff camping now but I'll come over and say hi! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×