walking boots for men

Glastonburygeek4

Depending on the cash you have to spend.. Go outdoors have a sale on.. I've got a nice pair of Hi tech boots which are lightweight waterproof and if there anything like my old pair will last years.. 

I would take your fella down to the shop tho don't just buy and hope.. 

Also some people will say Hi tech.. Naa go for Solomon or some such well I brought a pair of them and took them back then I went for Berghaus and they broke within a week.. Hi techs are the cheaper boots but they last.. 

12 hours ago, Glastonburygeek4 said:

hello,

I'd like to buy my boyfriend a decent pair of walking boots for our summer festivals. He's a size 12.

can anyone recommend a pair please?

thanks

After years of buying walking boots of no more than £50 my wife convinced me to buy a pair of Salomon X Ultra Mid 2 GTX boots.

I know the length of the name sounds naff, but....I have a badly built ankle that at some point is going to need surgery. These boots are instantly comfortable with no blisters, no rubbing, no insoles will ever be needed they are perfect on first fit. They are very light, mid flex soles and waterproof.

Expect to pay around £110.

Wellies rub and are too difficult to get off when tired and emotional.

Lightweight walking boots are the way forward - just bought Adidas Terrex Swift R - got them for £65. Worth shopping around on the web, prices vary wildly. They are fantastically light, waterproof and comfortable and, assuming goodish weather (!), will replace my heavy leather boots this year. Already put a few miles in straight from the box.

11 hours ago, Spindles said:

This.  I see people recommending boots that cost over a ton regularly, seems excessive to a tight arse like me.

Got a pair in costco a while back cost all of 12 quid came with a free pair of laces, haven't broke them in proper yet so will have to see how well they do. 

Unfortunately you get what you pay for with walking boots most of the time and for a pair that get tons of use as in all year round then you should be happy to pay a bit more for a decent pair however fo the occasional couple of festivals a year then you really can't go wrong with a £40 pair of karrimors from sports direct. Broken in a few weeks beforehand of course.

On 14/03/2017 at 0:53 PM, richroet said:

After a similar thread on here I bought a pair of Brasher Supalights second hand on ebay. Spent about £25 on the best, most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned

Yup, I have a second hand pair of Brasher Hillmasters that I bought off ebay for £35.  Goretex, soft leather etc  Another £10 spent on dubbin and gel insoles and they super comfy and should last pretty much forever.

Last year was my first year, and as uncomfortable as the wellies were all week, I don't think walking boots would cut it. Some of that mud was halfway up my shin ffs. I'd like to get a pair of boots for this year but the weather from last is making me lean towards wellies again...

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't think anyone who wore walking boots last year has posted on here about getting wet feet.  Mine coped fine.

Nope, the only time mine would have failed would be if I'd tried to wade through the middle of Lake Cider Bus.  I just walked around.  There was nowhere onsite I was forced to walk through conditions that were above the ankle.

On 16 March 2017 at 2:30 PM, ironmike8 said:

Last year was my first year, and as uncomfortable as the wellies were all week, I don't think walking boots would cut it. Some of that mud was halfway up my shin ffs. I'd like to get a pair of boots for this year but the weather from last is making me lean towards wellies again...

Totally agree, I have never been to glastonbury without wellies and wouldn't advise otherwise. However, he suffers with bad knees and I think a good pair of boots will ease his pain. We will be working the festival this year so won't have to worry about the weight of our bags queuing and our car is near camp

Good boots over wellies all the time.. Not that you're going to need them this year.. 

Also now you can get really good water proof socks so if you really really want to you could wear a pair of crocs with some knee length seal socks.. Ummmm I might just do that... 

On the subject of wellies crocs do them now.. No idea what they are like but I do know there very very lightweight. 

Edited by guypjfreak