Shuttle Bus from Glastonbury Town

Calvin Klein

Hi!

I'll be staying in an Airbnb on the Tuesday before the festival, and the Monday after it.

Is it recommendable to take the Glastonbury town shuttle bus in the Wednesday morning? Are the queues bad? What about the return trip?

I'll have a car but would prefer not to use it and leave it at Glastonbury town, if possible.

Any experience with the shuttle bus? Thanks!

My friends and I have taken the shuttle bus for the last couple of years and it's really good. Pretty frequent (every 15 mins I think), fairly cheap (maybe a couple of quid) and just a short trip away. Only problem is the drop off point is pretty far out so it's a long walk with stuff. I'd definitely recommend it though. You also get the benefit of the green traveler stuff (free tea/50p of certain meals). Not much but useful. Hope that helps!

On 15/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, Display-Name said:

My friends and I have taken the shuttle bus for the last couple of years and it's really good. Pretty frequent (every 15 mins I think), fairly cheap (maybe a couple of quid) and just a short trip away. Only problem is the drop off point is pretty far out so it's a long walk with stuff. I'd definitely recommend it though. You also get the benefit of the green traveler stuff (free tea/50p of certain meals). Not much but useful. Hope that helps!

Did you register only to reply?? Thanks a lot!!!

I'll definitely use the bus then. Isn't the drop off point the usual coach station in PGA?

I can't wait to spend a couple of days in Glastonbury town as well. 

20 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Did you register only to reply?? Thanks a lot!!!

I'll definitely use the bus then. Isn't the drop off point the usual coach station in PGA?

I can't wait to spend a couple of days in Glastonbury town as well. 

Not entirely, I've been reading the forums for a while, but I noticed no-one had replied so thought I'd try and help out.

I've never taken the other coaches and I don't know much about the different entrance gates and I'm very unobservant but that sounds right. 

You'll enjoy the town, there's plenty to do, especially when the weather's nice (which it 100% will be!!). If you want any suggestions/info about the town/surrounding area don't be afraid to ask.

On 13/03/2017 at 7:32 PM, Calvin Klein said:

Hi!

I'll be staying in an Airbnb on the Tuesday before the festival, and the Monday after it.

Is it recommendable to take the Glastonbury town shuttle bus in the Wednesday morning? Are the queues bad? What about the return trip?

I'll have a car but would prefer not to use it and leave it at Glastonbury town, if possible.

Any experience with the shuttle bus? Thanks!

Shuttle bus is a really good service and use it every year.

In theory it's only hourly and on Wednesday morning it does get very busy and potentially you might have to wait a while for a bus and free seat. But they go back and forth as soon as each bus is full and certainly less stress than driving

£4 Single ticket and nice bacon rolls coffee and cakes at Burns The Bread bakers right by the bus stop

Thanks! 

We did go to Glastonbury town last year already. But a week after the festival. I hit my head against the bus stop at the abbey coach station. I hope the blood stains are gone :D we got two of the most beautiful days ive ever seen in the UK. So i just went to the tesco  pharmacy and kept going to enjoy the sunset at the tor. These were taken that day.

IMG_2850.PNG

27639528003_79e6174fd3_o.jpg

18 hours ago, Display-Name said:

Not entirely, I've been reading the forums for a while, but I noticed no-one had replied so thought I'd try and help out.

I've never taken the other coaches and I don't know much about the different entrance gates and I'm very unobservant but that sounds right. 

You'll enjoy the town, there's plenty to do, especially when the weather's nice (which it 100% will be!!). If you want any suggestions/info about the town/surrounding area don't be afraid to ask.

Absolutely. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Specially things to do if it rains (it won't).  

6 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Absolutely. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Specially things to do if it rains (it won't).  

Most of my suggestions are rather outdoorsy. But in the case of rain, the high street is still a cool place to explore. I'd recommend the Blue Note cafe (and the schnitzel burger in particular). Also out back down one of the little alleys and up the stairs is the Goddess Temple which is a really relaxing and calming place to sit and reflect. A Glastonbury pasty from Burns the Bread is also a must. And there's plenty of pubs around for shelter and a drink too.

Yes, it does go to the regular coach drop off. Not that long a walk in my opinion. You enter in the corner where the bicycle camping is, and John Peel a bit further down.

On Wednesday morning there are queues. You may get a place on a bus quicker if you are not with a big group and don't have loads of stuff.

On 22/3/2017 at 4:42 PM, Watergirl said:

Yes, it does go to the regular coach drop off. Not that long a walk in my opinion. You enter in the corner where the bicycle camping is, and John Peel a bit further down.

On Wednesday morning there are queues. You may get a place on a bus quicker if you are not with a big group and don't have loads of stuff.

Excellent! We are only two people. Not much gear.