Battle of the Burn 1992, 1999 or 2010

funkyuk

Mmmmmmm Sunshine  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Your best sunshine year?

• Other

25 minutes ago, RichieSpenno said:

2013 was perfect.  I remember the DJ in the Silent Disco in The Park announcing it had stopped raining about 11PM and the atmosphere from then on in was incredible. 

2010 was a bit hot for my liking at times.  Rather that than too much rain, though. 

2013 probably my favourite year weather wise , rain stopped just in time for the festival proper. Was perfect. 

Would happily take 2010 again though. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of those I attended, 2015 was the best weather i've had, happily have that again, I remember me and my mate stumbling out of a DJ set at the stonebridge bar on the Thursday afternoon into the blasting sunshine after having seen off a box of festival strength cider between us and both of us falling asleep under a tree. I also recall having a nap in the sunshine during George Ezra, I love a good festival nap as you're not fully asleep but the noise and constant bass soothes you into a daze.

Out of those listed, I only attended 2010. There is still a stain of Glastonbury coloured dust on the collar of the white shirt I wore that year. It will not budge.

My worst episode of sunburn happened on the Monday of 2015 though.

Despite having lost my supply of sun cream in the queue Tuesday night from the top of my rucksack (where it was ready in case of stupid sun in the queue in the morning), I got through the festival using the free stuff from the information points.

Of couse, come the Monday they had run out/were closed, so had to do the back to the car thing with no protection whatsoever. I was at a real low fitness wise that year and it took ages. Covered up to the best of my ability, but, despite a brimmed hat ,my neck still felt like it had been friction burned by a ships rope.

Edit: Dust. I meant dust. Not mud.

Edited by MrZigster

21 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I think that was the afternoon where we had Norah Jones, Ray Davies, Slash and someone else all in a row on the pyramid. A load of us sat up the back of the hill, we had booze and food and plenty of water, and a blanket to lie on in between acts. It was bloody brilliant. 

A lot of my friends had ran off to watch England get stuffed in the football. but not I no, made my way up the hill found a nice dry field sat down and had a good sing song..! it was a blast, to have that weather again, i can only wish.

46 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

2010 every. fucking. year.

Glorious weather and just about perfect. My day walking red headed other half struggled with it a couple of times but it was just an amazing festival year for me.

Bring it on...

Be prepared for it and it's lovely!! LOADS of water and suncream and she'll be fine : ) 

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Be prepared for it and it's lovely!! LOADS of water and suncream and she'll be fine : ) 

Sadly she can no longer come to glasto at the moment Lucy as she has other engagements she can't escape. Last year was my first alone and ticket gods permitting I'll be there for the glorious sunshine we're going to get this year too.:)