Up and coming bands you would like to see.

dj matt james

There have been plenty of topics discussing which bands you would like to see down on the farm this year, but which smaller up and coming bands would you like to see?

The music scene in the UK is vibrant at the moment with loads of exciting bands out there.

I would be over the moon to see any of the following play somewhere on site this june:-

The Shimmer Band

The Pale White

The Amazons

April

Vant

The Blinders

The Extons

The Van T's

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pale Waves single is my favourite track of the year so far. Circa Waves new album really good also although been around for a bit now. 

Will give some of the others in your list a listen. Hopefully this is the year guitar music makes its comeback after the complete dirge of Grime and American shite like Drake etc.

EDIT: Just made a playlist on Spotify with those bands in it. Will give it a listen. 

Edited by wozwebs

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

Pale Waves single is my favourite track of the year so far. Circa Waves new album really good also although been around for a bit now. 

Will give some of the others in your list a listen. Hopefully this is the year guitar music makes its comeback after the complete dirge of Grime and American shite like Drake etc.

cool - I will have a listen. Yeah totally - everything has its place but watching a decent band really going for it always makes my festival that bit more. I know a few of the guys in the shimmer band and they destined for big things hopefully.

5 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

i like this pale waves tune.

Just now, wozwebs said:

Very catchy, sounds 80's-ish and i'm a sucker for a female vocal.

I am always getting banter and stick thrown my way because of my self-promotion. Not sure if you may or may not have seen previous topics i've raised. If you haven't - feel free to have a listen to some of my indie mixes :https://hearthis.at/mattjames/

apologies if you have already had a listen.

26 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

There have been plenty of topics discussing which bands you would like to see down on the farm this year, but which smaller up and coming bands would you like to see?

The music scene in the UK is vibrant at the moment with loads of exciting bands out there.

I would be over the moon to see any of the following play somewhere on site this june:-

The Shimmer Band

The Pale White

The Amazons

April

Vant

The Blinders

The Extons

The Van T's

Totally agree on Shimmer Band. They are wonderful . Oranj Son (from Liverpool or Manchester - can't quite work out, defo northern but cool,not exactly chatty, moody fuckers on stage!) are real faves of mine too. Might be a Glastonbury too soon though.  

Just checked - soundcloud says from Liverpool. 

17 minutes ago, bunfight said:

Totally agree on Shimmer Band. They are wonderful . Oranj Son (from Liverpool or Manchester - can't quite work out, defo northern but cool,not exactly chatty, moody fuckers on stage!) are real faves of mine too. Might be a Glastonbury too soon though.  

Just checked - soundcloud says from Liverpool. 

just had a listen - nice sound. Definitely added to my list of bands to watch. Could see them playing williams green,

On 3/13/2017 at 10:38 AM, dj matt james said:

I am always getting banter and stick thrown my way because of my self-promotion. Not sure if you may or may not have seen previous topics i've raised. If you haven't - feel free to have a listen to some of my indie mixes :https://hearthis.at/mattjames/

apologies if you have already had a listen.

Have you been self promoting?  What are you, some kind of DJ?  You must share your mixes.  Are you playing the festival?

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you been self promoting?  What are you, some kind of DJ?  You must share your mixes.  Are you playing the festival?

haha - yeah mate. I have, I'm a DJ (of sorts), play everything....

might not be playing the festival now :-(