Nobody Interesting

Weather 2017

Met Office has updated:

- Rain removed from Friday

- Thicker cloud added to Thurs and Sat

- Thundery shower added to Tuesday pm (50% chance)

Glasto Weatherwatch approves of these changes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, briddj said:

If the searches are anything like those for Stone Roses at Wembley, they won't be doing anything different to normal in reality. Hence the sea of pyrotechnics!

Yep I was surprised, I just walked straight in and wasn't searched at all and as you say the place was full of pyrotechnics!

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yep I was surprised, I just walked straight in and wasn't searched at all and as you say the place was full of pyrotechnics!

You've spelt dickheads wrong

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Combat / utility numbers.  Not massively stylish, but the big side pockets are handy for convenient storage.

This, one pair of these which I wear all week, fashionably held to the correct waist size with safety pins as the string snapped some time ago.  With each passing summer the little frayed holes around the pockets get larger and the arse gets thinner.  They are like a metaphor for my life.

6 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Met Office has updated:

- Rain removed from Friday

- Thicker cloud added to Thurs and Sat

- Thundery shower added to Tuesday pm (50% chance)

Glasto Weatherwatch approves of these changes.

So met office is currently forecast on no rain for the whole festival??

If there is a torrential downpour on Tuesday afternoon will the sunshine the follows be enough to prevent any water logging and mud forming the next day?

IMG_0135.PNG

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mine are all swim shorts. Easy to dry. they have a lining. Fashion is not a priority. Comfort is

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Surely the net inner lining is uncomfortable for walking around all day in?! 

They used to have an underpant lining, but it perished.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, daconor91 said:

So met office is currently forecast on no rain for the whole festival??

If there is a torrential downpour on Tuesday afternoon will the sunshine the follows be enough to prevent any water logging and mud forming the next day?

IMG_0135.PNG

Yes and yes.

STICK!

2 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

Out of up votes. You could take it to watchdog, but I think they've got bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, daconor91 said:

It would have to be absolute biblical proportions to cause any sort of grief. I'm actually hoping for a storm Tuesday morning now.

Edited by mjsell

Tuesday:

Tuesday will be another hot, sunny and largely dry day across the board. Wall-to-wall sunshine for many, but the odd thundery shower is possible towards Exmoor. Maximum temperature 31 °C.

Exmoor can take that one for the team ;)

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Out of up votes. You could take it to watchdog, but I think they've got bigger fish to fry.

"Have an upvote in return"

Not my words Lynn, the words of Shaking Stevens.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

The boys are back in the barracks

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Fair enough. I learnt how to pack light when i started taking the coach a few years back.

Rather than pre-mixed spirits i would recommend just taking neat spirit and buying mixer there to save space.

when I say pre mixed I meant flavoured sorry, had the booze soaking in jugs of fruit till it acquires their taste, I now have watermelon and strawberry flavoured vodka and cherry and banana flavoured whisky, poured it into plastic bottles for the fest. its straight spirits just flavoured up some.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

The boys are back in the barracks?

edit: 16 minutes too late! That'll teach me not to scroll ahead. 

Edited by bsolxiv

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely need to keep an eye on that thundery shower, though.....it could easily prove to be a spanner in the works.

As long as it hits before 4am Wednesday morning I'm okay with it. Would suck sitting in the queue during a thunderstorm.

I think this year is the first year since 2010 where I'll leave the wellies in the car - happy days!! :D

Edited by big__phil

Remember this from last year - Met Office fluctuating almost hourly.

Rain back for Fri eve and thundery showers reduced to just showers and down to 30%.

Think this will be a feature over next few days...

Storm & Convective Forecast

Issued 2017-06-19 13:28:42
Valid: 19/06/17 06z to 20/06/17 06z

DAY 1 CONVECTIVE FORECAST - MON 19TH JUNE 2017

Synopsis

An upper ridge covers much of central and western Europe including southern Britain on Monday, an upper trough slow-moving  mid-Atlantic extending south near the Azores. Breeze convergence from development of heat low inland across central England this afternoon could trigger a few isolated heavy showers and/or thunderstorms.

... N ENGLAND, E WALES, MIDLANDS, LINCS, NORFOLK ...

Satellite imagery shows cumulus field bubbling up inland across the above areas, also wind observations show some weak convergence zones developing inland across the Midlands, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Slight fall in heights aloft and strengthening SWly flow aloft towards northern UK this afternoon combined with surface convergence and orographic lift of hot and humid airmass in situ for last few days maybe enough to overcome the capping inversion present in a few spots in the above areas for isolated rapid cumulus growth and a few late afternoon / early evening thunderstorms. High precipitable water values of airmass indcates main concern of any storm would be large spot rainfall totals leading to localised flooding. Any heavy showers/storms should fade overnight.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Norwegians seem to be saying that tomorrow will be storm free.

They last updated at 9am ish and won't again til 8.30 ish tonight so pinch of salt needed with their atm