Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Music fans could enjoy the hottest ever Glastonbury festival, with temperatures potentially reaching 10C higher than usual this week, forecasters say."

oh dear lord

1 hour ago, XIV said:

My first year was 2010, I thought every year would be like 2010 afterward, I was wrong.

Same. My mates who saw my holiday esque like (with added dust) facebook pictures & then decided Glasto was a must for them the next year were a tad dissapointed

Edited by Bisque

4 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Same. My mates who saw my holiday esque like (with added dust) facebook pictures & then decided Glasto was a must for them the next year were a tad dissapointed

I had nothing but deep belly laughter (in the Blessed styleé) for all the - sorry but - morons who turned up the following year in flipflops and sun gear expecting it to be the same. Glastonbury now suddenly acceptable if it would be constant sun.

I'd understand if they'd only just been welcomed into this world, but most of those people have lived in the UK for a while. Did they never notice?

13 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

I had nothing but deep belly laughter (in the Blessed styleé) for all the - sorry but - morons who turned up the following year in flipflops and sun gear expecting it to be the same. Glastonbury now suddenly acceptable if it would be constant sun.

I'd understand if they'd only just been welcomed into this world, but most of those people have lived in the UK for a while. Did they never notice?

Sorry to say I was one of these morons after 1987, and have been ever since. Flip flops and solar shower bags are a must every year since!

1 hour ago, sime said:

Ha! All are welcome to join me for Naked Thursday at Lost Horizons! No need for iv fluids though as they have plenty of water, a plunge pool and a big marquee for shade if necessary. A marquee which bands play in. Nudity warning though... The bands will mostly be nude :)

Tempted by lost horizons this year. Nudity is not mandatory tho, right? 

48 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Sorry to say I was one of these morons after 1987, and have been ever since. Flip flops and solar shower bags are a must every year since!

You're in good company - we all came for some crazy reason to start with, afterwards it's all what we took from it

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

I had to lend my friend a tent & a coat. We'd previously had a google search at the flooding from previous years prior to going!

All (pretty) good in the latest GFS run!

Weds, 25-27, no rain
Thurs, 24-26, no rain
Friday, 20-21, no rain
Saturday, 19, some very light rain around
Sunday, 20-21, light rain during the day but might shit down on Sheeran

Edited by briddj

2 hours ago, sime said:

Ha! All are welcome to join me for Naked Thursday at Lost Horizons! No need for iv fluids though as they have plenty of water, a plunge pool and a big marquee for shade if necessary. A marquee which bands play in. Nudity warning though... The bands will mostly be nude :)

I have a question. Is it really nudity optional? Or mostly compulsary. Id be comfier in a bikini but wouldn't want to stand out . Lost horizons and strummerville are my last unexplored areas

Yes I'm a glass half empty kinda guy but there's still too much rain around the SW for my liking in latest run. Yes it could be very light but worst case isn't it showing potential for rain from around 0900-1500 Wednesday and then again all evening; Saturday rain potentially all day until 9PM and then Sunday from lunchtime onwards with potential for serious downpour in evening.

Don't get me wrong this looks vastly superior to forecasts prior to previous fests but the consistent themes the last couple of days is for more and more rain to be in the SW over next weekend. 

Edited by Splatt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1