Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Country file don't have access to any inside info on the weather. It's just the same BBC weather/met office that's on the news in a bit more detail. They get it from the same charts that people look at here. 

I expect Countryfile get their weather from Songs of Praise, who get it directly from the big man himself.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Peroni said:

Thing is.  I was there in 2010 and that weather  felt like a surprise.... didn't seem to have checked if it was possible prior to then.  This time around I worried about jinxing it more than anything!!

My first year was 2010, I thought every year would be like 2010 afterward, I was wrong.

I usually do a couple of trips over the week to get more beer from the car.

Tend to do it early morning when not much going on.  

I really enjoy the walk  and don't find it a chore ! 

Just now, ivan said:

You can grab mine for me pal, Ill give you beer and my car key, sorted.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Pumpkin King said:

It looks amazing so far. With bad knees I've had so many tough times down there so really hoping this sticks.

Has it ever looked this good in the build up so close to the w/end and then not delivered? 

Only Netweather forecast severe storms if my memory is right.

Edited by Pink_Tequila

3 minutes ago, ivan said:

Same, doesn't bother me in the slightest, quite enjoy it actually

So can someone who's watching Countryfile today let us know if the Countryfile weather forecast is exactly the same as the 'Weather for the Week Ahead' that's available on the iPlayer right now?

Edited by doogie

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

Same, doesn't bother me in the slightest, quite enjoy it actually

The other year Weds AM we picked up about 30 cans and stuff from East Car Park , few tinnies  on the way back to lighten the load then got sat down in Theatre district for more beers and smokes and spent a lovely hour people watching .  

Then decided short walk back to camp at Big Ground would be made easier by drinking another few beers on way up to tents ! 

Just now, ivan said:

The other year Weds AM we picked up about 30 cans and stuff from East Car Park , few tinnies  on the way back to lighten the load then got sat down in Theatre district for more beers and smokes and spent a lovely hour people watching .  

Then decided short walk back to camp at Big Ground would be made easier by drinking another few beers on way up to tents ! 

Yep, always take some ciders with me for the journey, then am nicely tipsy by the time I get back.

We are looking at Wednesday and Thursday, the days when everyone can sit, drink and take it all in being roasting. Then Friday, Saturday, Sunday when you need to wiz between stages being a bit cooler but still pleasant.

This sounds like perfect festival weather! It's all too good to be true. It can't be real.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Lost horizons with @sime might be the best place, slathered in sun block and iv fluids on a drip stand.

Happy to sign up to this (more the sunbathing on a sundrip, but once you've been in certain areas of NYC Downlow we might as well go the whole hog...)

Edited by MJP

30 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Lost horizons with @sime might be the best place, slathered in sun block and iv fluids on a drip stand.

Ha! All are welcome to join me for Naked Thursday at Lost Horizons! No need for iv fluids though as they have plenty of water, a plunge pool and a big marquee for shade if necessary. A marquee which bands play in. Nudity warning though... The bands will mostly be nude :)

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still hedging my bets a bit, but from what I've just watched it looks like this year is the Azores Finger's time to shine.

I am rather excited by the still pic - just waiting for website to update and the eleation will be complete.

@morph100 "Linen trousers? Shorts? Or just one of the wifes dresses? What to wear in this lovely weather?"

Wear nothing! Been nude with my friend since Friday evening and it's been lovely! We've been sunbathing in the garden, chillin out and loving life. She just gone back home though sadly, although that is also a good thing as it means I can get more festival preparation done. I've also been coming back to this thread all the time too. Can the weather we look like having actually be happening!?

Edited by sime