Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

2 minutes ago, cerv said:

If you (or others) cannot wait till then there is a week long forecast on BBC1 after the 1 o'clock news. I don't for sure but it might well be exactly the same on shown on Countryfile later. I'll be watching both anyway

In the laws of weather only the countryfile forcast is correct. 

Its fathers day my dad was the first to impart this knowledge of this to me so ill watch with him. I'm so exicted and also on a mission to convince him he will not be too old (at nearly 52) to join me in 2019

Edited by Heather90

1 minute ago, Heather90 said:

In the laws of weather only the countryfile forcast is correct. 

Its fathers day my dad was the first to impart this knowledge of this to me so ill watch with him 

:-) Agree! I won't believe it until Countryfile repeats it. But I'll take anything to feed my forecast addiction right now

50 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

All my t shirts are black, but the heat absorption is minimal- being bare skinned is way worse, heat wise

Despite now being bald, I'm a ginger.  If I take my top off in this heat, I'm like a belisha beacon within seconds.  Therefore I agree totally with your diagnosis!

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Country file don't have access to any inside info on the weather. It's just the same BBC weather/met office that's on the news in a bit more detail. They get it from the same charts that people look at here. 

True, but they provide verbal interpretation that can be crucial. 

This time last year several symbol forecasts showed a dry week ahead, whereas BBC TV forecasts showed showery rain coming across in patches (which is what we got).

The Met Office / BBC forecast has consistently been dry and cooler from Thursday onwards, while other models have fluctuated. Keen to see what their model says behind the simple symbol forecast (not least to work out what risk factors are). 

8 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

True, but they provide verbal interpretation that can be crucial. 

This time last year several symbol forecasts showed a dry week ahead, whereas BBC TV forecasts showed showery rain coming across in patches (which is what we got).

The Met Office / BBC forecast has consistently been dry and cooler from Thursday onwards, while other models have fluctuated. Keen to see what their model says behind the simple symbol forecast (not least to work out what risk factors are). 

BBC/Met Office - thought that the BBC moved to someone else?

28 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Country file don't have access to any inside info on the weather. It's just the same BBC weather/met office that's on the news in a bit more detail. They get it from the same charts that people look at here. 

Stop pissing on me chips dude. Countryfile is part of Glastonbury countdown and long may it continue. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, rpfranks said:

It depends on the time you go really. 

If you are in a queue before gates open and your tent is set up by say 10am and you go back to the car before midday you're likely to get in really quick the second time. The majority of people will still be in the main wristband queues by then.

My point is in previous years the queue was for wristbands because that was the slowest process. There was no queuing for anything else.

This year you are supposedly going to need searched whether you are getting a wristband or not. Getting through security will be the limiting factor on progress, not wristbanding. I doubt there will be a separate security queue for wristband or re-entrys. There will just be a big security queue (OK maybe two, one for with trolleys and one for without trolleys).

Hence I expect the re-entry at busy times will be just as painful as getting in the first time. Getting wristbanded (30 seconds / person) will be a breeze compared with the searches (2+ minutes / person).

My plan is to get in with first time everything I need to get through Wed. And to do any second run when the entry gates will be quiet.

I hope I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

There was definitely a period where Countryfile would have a feature about Glastonbury preparations and then lead in to the forecast, the teases 

Plus who doesn't love learning about vole populations

Being a country lass it's staple Sunday night viewing for me. The Glastonbury forecast and the one man and his dog competition are personal highlights for me 

Edited by Lucy92

In the 2000s it was always on early. 

Used to set the alarm Sunday morning and sit with a raging hangover watching John Craven w*nking on about seaweed or some such shit until the forecast came on and stopped at the Friday with a massive band of aquatic disaster sweeping in. 

4 minutes ago, maclauk said:

My point is in previous years the queue was for wristbands because that was the slowest process. There was no queuing for anything else.

This year you are supposedly going to need searched whether you are getting a wristband or not. Getting through security will be the limiting factor on progress, not wristbanding. I doubt there will be a separate security queue for wristband or re-entrys. There will just be a big security queue (OK maybe two, one for with trolleys and one for without trolleys).

Hence I expect the re-entry at busy times will be just as painful as getting in the first time. Getting wristbanded (30 seconds / person) will be a breeze compared with the searches (2+ minutes / person).

My plan is to get in with first time everything I need to get through Wed. And to do any second run when the entry gates will be quiet.

I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think it will be that bad getting back in the second time... with re-entry at gate A for example you skip the zigzag queue and go up the side road to the re-entry point. I would imagine that is still going to be the same, there may just be some additional searches going on there for people with bags etc.

Most people will start to arrive once gates are open any way, so if you arrive in the early hours and manage to get in by 10/11am and go back to the car by 12/1 it'll still be a bit quiet on the re-entry side of things as most will either be in the queue or setting up. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Its bad form round here to downvote but this comes close for me! 

You sir are wrong 

Countryfile watching also appeases weather gods