Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Couple of northern mates came to the house party I was at after the SR gig this evening and were claiming the 'best gig they had ever been to'. In my head I scoffed and put it down to then being northern. Bloody northerners. 

In other news I haven't caught up with this thread in a couple of days what's the latest??

There are going to be some lobsters on Thursday and the medical tents are going to be super busy, but the current forecast looks just about perfect. 

Note to self: don't forget sunscreen and stay hydrated. 

Note to weather gods: Please note I am packing waterproofs and my walking boots are gortex. 

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Getting steaming drunk on the Tuesday night / Wednesday morning may not be a great plan with the likely longer queues.

Will be there at 5am-ish. Taking wide brimmed cricket hat, umbrella for shade and a coolbag of  bottled water frozen the night before. 

This is a first for me for the queue.

Will be packing even lighter than I was going to now. Anything to help out with having an easier queuing experience on a hot day is good. Still (at the moment anyway) going to wear my wellies to the festival though.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I never thought I'd be this person, but yesterday was hot, too hot, certainly up in London. I was thinking if it's like this at Glastonbury it's going to be too much. I'm not going to turn it down of course but I can see where some of these 2010 naysayers are coming from now.

I'm all for sun sun sun but the 2010 weather certainly made the whole thing a far more tiring experience, and Glastonbury is tiring enough as it is. If it stays at the low end of the 20's then we should be fine - the mid/top end and I anticipate a lot of people will struggle/get burnt/sick.

Mrs Moth's first time last year, had a  blast despite the mud, but sooooo glad this year is going you've the opposite end of the weather spectrum. Going to be the dream glasto I was hoping for. 

Sun, sun, sun and beautiful green fields. I'm starting  to believe its happening B)

After trudging about in the depths of hell last year, I can't believe people are contemplating complaining about it being mid twenties. Stick some suncream on and fucking well enjoy being able to sit down 

Edited by Mezhyp1
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When I see rain on the forecast, I have a sense of dread. When I see 26 degrees on the forecast I'm just terrified!

I do hope Gav is wrong about it being higher.

We recorded 40 degrees on the garden thermometer yesterday, 26 degrees was the forecast. Obviously doesn't take into account the strength of the sun now with burnt arms I'm off to buy a parasol for camp

Just now, Chicken Bob said:

Deadly serious. I've worked in hot sweaty kitchens most of my adult life. This is a method of practice of use regularly. I'd never go back to talc now. Try it. Cornflour is leagues above talc. 

I might just try this.  I presume the best idea is to put it in an empty talc bottle rather than just taking in a box of Brown and Poulson.