Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

18 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Felt like more. Anything over 25 and I'm struggling, Over 30 and im toast.

Its nearly like in motor racing where theres an air temp and a track temp, which is always higher. Glasto defo gets the track temp. 

I don't believe the Beeb when they said the highest ever recorded on site was 25.2c. Surely it was hotter than that in 2010 or the Sunday in 2011? 

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Glad you said this. I really struggled on O2. My boyfriend is on EE and was fine.

Exactly the same experience for me, I was getting messages from O2 that they had boosted their signals but I was struggling for both standard and data networks. My mate on EE had perfect coverage throughout. I'm tempted to get a EE PAYG for future festivals if this remains to be the case.

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its nearly like in motor racing where theres an air temp and a track temp, which is always higher. Glasto defo gets the track temp. 

I don't believe the Beeb when they said the highest ever recorded on site was 25.2c. Surely it was hotter than that in 2010 or the Sunday in 2011? 

It was 100% hotter than 25C on Wednesday when we arrived at 4pm. It was easily the hottest I've ever felt in this country. Must have been close to 35C. 

7 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

It was 100% hotter than 25C on Wednesday when we arrived at 4pm. It was easily the hottest I've ever felt in this country. Must have been close to 35C. 

Yeah 32c I think although could've been hotter. Betty Swollocks. 

The Beebs 25c was pre 2017 festival. In 2010 I think. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

31c. Maybe 32c for a bit. 

Yep. I had to go home on Wednesday to collect the missus and my car reckoned 31/32c pretty much all the way there eastwards on a not dissimilar line of latitude. 

Caveat: no idea of the accuracy of a car's thermometer. 

We recorded 34C outside gate B on Weds at 4pm. It seemed to get hotter as you went down the hill.

Thank goodness it broke over night. Certainly the best weather I've ever experienced at the festival but it seemed more crowded generally as a result of everyone being out of their tents all of the time. Am I imagining this? 

26 minutes ago, scrippit said:

We recorded 34C outside gate B on Weds at 4pm. It seemed to get hotter as you went down the hill.

Thank goodness it broke over night. Certainly the best weather I've ever experienced at the festival but it seemed more crowded generally as a result of everyone being out of their tents all of the time. Am I imagining this? 

It certainly seemed way more busy than last year. The park was absolutely heaving on Thursday afternoon

On 26/06/2017 at 6:59 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Excellent festival weather. Might have even topped 2010 for those nicely overcast mornings allowing a bit of a lay in. 

Well done to all concerned! Sterling effort this year in the weather thread.

I prepared my walking boots very thoroughly over a couple of months this spring/summer, so will gladly accept some credit.

15 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

There isn't a single human being of sound mind that if offered 2017 weather for any future Glastonbury would go "nah mate roll the dice please, bit too warm on Wednesday"

Despite working a 12 hr shift on gate A on said Weds, I agree fully and without reservation.

I forget to mention it at the time, but....

Did anyone else see that there was an Weather Station mounted on the Pyramid, that you could get current weather conditions from, as well as forecasts for that exact location?

I spotted it because one of the weather apps i use is Weather Underground (wunderground.com), and that was the weather station it defaulted to when I was on site.

I've just checked now and it's gone again so it was obviously a temporary thing ... but presumably it's something they do every year.

Edited by eFestivals

I'm with EE and reception for me was the worst ever. Couldn't load a picture and or send one via text to show locations when I might have been a bit gillespied and lost. Normal texts took sometimes a day to get through. Awful but thankfully didn't affect my festival. :)

I'm on O2 and reception was pretty rubbish most of the time for texts/data. In fact, 2 texts people sent me on Saturday 24th June, came through on Saturday 1st July! I think that's a record, even for 10 years ago, when I'd get around 10 texts at 2AM that were sent 12 hours prior.

I'm on 02 and had great reception in the Pyramid field and absolutely none anywhere else.  They apparently "boosted the signal" on Sunday which led to me being unable to get reception anywhere at all.

I was also unable to take a clear photo on my phone throughout the festival (that may have been due to amounts of alcohol consumed though :))

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I'm with EE and reception for me was the worst ever. Couldn't load a picture and or send one via text to show locations when I might have been a bit gillespied and lost. Normal texts took sometimes a day to get through. Awful but thankfully didn't affect my festival. :)

WTF have you done to this thread? Why is everyone going on about phone reception? What have I missed?