Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

5 hours ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Possibly last post - looks like we definitely have a band of rain coming over in the small hours of Sat.

Looks heavier that previous runs on the 12z GFS.

Met Office have now got 50-60% chance of light rain and drizzle between 1am - 10am. That's quite a sustained amount of rain over that period, even if light.

Also some heavier spots in the forecast for nearby towns, so fingers crossed we miss them.

Might break up before then, but might make first half of Saturday a bit sticky underfoot. Also low chance (30%) of a shower later in the pm.

Bit of a downer, but there we go. 

Nothing I'm looking at is giving me any concern for Saturday - a bit of rain probably but doubt if it'll make too much trouble. 

1 hour ago, Glastonlocal said:

It's gone to shit on Saturday on the BBC and metoffice. There's showers around most of the day. Fingers crossed we avoid most of them. 

Yup. But if you look at glastonbury instead of Pilton on Met app it's much better.

So fingers crossed.

For future reference when we know our fate - Norwegians saying dry. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Glastonlocal said:

It's gone to shit on Saturday on the BBC and metoffice. There's showers around most of the day. Fingers crossed we avoid most of them. 

Yup. But if you look at glastonbury instead of Pilton on Met app it's much better.

So fingers crossed.

For future reference when we know our fate - Norwegians saying dry. 

Rain was barely a drizzle.and it's stopped now anyway. Ground is still hard no danger of bad mud esp as in many areas chippings have been put down en masses pre emptivly this year. I've been walking round in my t shirt finding people putting on ponchos etc like it's a monsoon amusing. Anyway AccuWeather has no more rain till 6ish then a light shower then no more till tommorow and more of the same. 

Perfect weather, the bits of light rain were actually refreshing after how hot it was the previous days. Would be happy with that weather every single time.

I didn't take wellies and wore trainers and flip flops (yep) all weekend so fuck you weather gods :D 

Edited by rpfranks

Wellies untouched and trainers all weekend. It was hard work in the queue on the wednesday but totally perfect after that. I think we were rewarded for surviving the mud this year! Also this shows a continuation of the the good weather/bad weather pattern (ie 2010-good, 2011-bad, 2013-good, 2014-bad, etc). #thereisapattern

Great weather, which shows a couple of things:

1) It's all about the fortnight before. The ground was baked hard and a little bit of rain was no problem at all.

2) Overcast is better than hot sun

3) With a week to go, Met Office and BBC were the most accurate forecast.

The desert-like run up was so effective that there were dust clouds being kicked up by vehicles during a rain shower.

Awesome weather.